• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Further explanation needed of DAOD 5019

Thwarten

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've recently completed basic and am on PAT in Borden awaiting courses, and while on basic, I started seriously dating a girl and was wondering if someone could help explain to me in simpler terms DAOD 5019 and/or any other information I need to know about dating a fellow ncm after basic. She was recoursed and will be in Borden in a few weeks, but I wanted to start figuring these things out ahead of time. Any help would be highly appreciated!

DAOD 5019-1

Personal relationship (relation personnelle)
An emotional, romantic, sexual or family relationship, including marriage or a common-law partnership or civil union, between two CF members, or a CF member and a DND employee or contractor, or member of an allied force.

Personal Conduct

CF members in a personal relationship shall refrain from conduct that may be considered unprofessional in a military context. For example, a CF member while in uniform in public with another person shall not:

hold hands;

kiss, except in greeting and farewell; or

caress or embrace in a romantic manner.

A CF member in a personal relationship with another CF member, DND employee or member of an allied force, contractor or an employee of a contractor shall not be involved, regardless of rank or authority, in the other person's:

performance assessment or reporting, including training evaluations and audits;

posting, transfer or attached posting;

individual training or education;

duties or scheduling for duties;

documents or records;

grievance process; or

release proceedings.

CF members shall notify their chain of command of any personal relationship that could compromise the objectives of this DAOD.

So I would need to put in a memo to inform the chain of command? And as long as I'm not in combats, we can hold hands on base?

You don't need to inform your CoC, and yes, you can hold hands if you're both in civilian clothing.

To play devils advocate:what about all those photos on CombatCamera on return from AFG embracing one another. Is there an RSM out there gouging their own eyes out?  >:D

PrairieThunder said:
To play devils advocate:what about all those photos on CombatCamera on return from AFG embracing one another. Is there an RSM out there gouging their own eyes out?  >:D

Nope; the RSMs read that "except in greeting or farewell" and the "in a romantic manner" bit of that DAOD. 

Some come close to going over the line.

I suppose it depends on one's definition of romantic. Not that I care as you said, it falls under the "in greeting and farewell"

Back