• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Getting a component Transfer if your medically unfit for your trade

Brodie

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been in the cf for 8 and a half years. I had laser eye surgery 3 years ago and now I am not sure if I meet the vision requirements for my trade. I am going tomorrow to get my eyes checked to see. My question was, what happens if I fail?

I am currently a lineman and CFRC told me I basically I can only go infantry other than my current trade when I did a CT over to the reg force. This is particularly frustrating cause when I joined in 2000 I tried to go infantry and they said I only qualified for Lineman. Now at this point of my life it doesn't make sense to be fully qualified in a good trade and then go to infantry.

I wouldn't mind going to another trade but I don't know what I qualify for and I am pretty nervous that they are going to try to pigeon hole me in to infantry (which won't happen in any situation).

I am just tryhing to get as much info before I deal with this once again.

Thanks 

hmmm.  Why not cross that bridge when you come to it?  What reason did they give you for only giving you lineman or infantry?  what trade would you be interested in?  My husband was an MSEOP (res) for approx 7 years before he remustered to RMS Clk in the regs.  His eyesight isn't great either.  Good luck - I hope you can continue on in your chosen trade.

T

thanks!

If I can't stay in this trade then I wouldn't mind going to the golden trade construction engineer haha. that trade is really hard to get into

I wouldn't mind doing the following though.

Egs Tech
Mechanic
Traffic Tech
Photo Tech
Electrician
Postal Clerk

The list goes on really, I like working with my hands so getting some sort of construction trade would be ideal for me.

All good choices. 

Photo tech is in my top 3. 

Good luck at your eye appointment tomorrow.  be sure to update  :)

Back