• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Griffon Helicopters, INGRESS and Kandahar [Udate: Deployment officially announced!]

no, I know they were going to Afghanistan but are they all ready over there and flying missions (or capable) as of now, or do they have to wait a few months, or whatnot

::)

Look up........Read the posts above yours and .........OK......Read them aloud for all of us to hear.......What have Strike and Scoobs Posted?

OldSolduer said:
Armored guys!!! LOL How are you?  ;D

Oh, you know.

Making friends one 120mm HEAT round at a time.      ;)

Regards

Recce By Death said:
Oh, you know.

Regards

Haha!!! Good one! Wish I was there....I would love to make some new friends! ;D

Recce By Death said:
Oh, you know.

Regards

What about the belts of 7.62mm ?  ;D

forgive me if this has already been said, I may have missed it - but has there been any speculation on which squadrons will be involved in this? 
sorry if this may be a bit of a silly question.

There will be participation in one form or another by several others as well, in the form of augmentation.

Good2Golf said:
Isn't one barber enough?  ???

j/k

;)

It'll be nice to have the extra flexibility to get stuff done around the AOR that was hard to do before.

G2G

Should have seen the 20 odd mountain bike's they brought in and had the Air Force ground team assemble them and test ride them while waiting for the main kit to arrive.

Are your mountain bike's working out o.k.?

Recce By Death said:

Next time you guys are going to make friends at 4 am, please let me know first? I was sleeping approx 150 feet from the Leo2 for a part of my tour.... I thought the world was ending.

PuckChaser said:
Next time you guys are going to make friends at 4 am, please let me know first? I was sleeping approx 150 feet from the Leo2 for a part of my tour.... I thought the world was ending.

Sorry about trying to save your life and it getting in the way of your sleep...stay in KAF if you want a good nights rest.      ;)

Regards

AirCanuck said:
what are those from?

SteelBeasts.com

Originally created as a pure tank sim, Steel Beasts has since expanded into a more complete representation of mobile armored warfare with the emphasis being placed on tactics and emersion.

Steel Beasts Pro PE features these 'fully playable' vehicles -

Battle Tanks 
Leopard 1A5 (DK) 
Leopard AS1 
Leopard 2A4 (GE) 
Leopard 2A5 (DK) 
M1A1(HA) (US) 
STRV 122 

IFVs/PCs 
M2A2 Bradley 
M3A2 Bradley 
M113A3 
ASLAV-PC 
ASLAV-25 
M113AS4 
CV9040b 
CV9040c 

Other Playable Vehicles:   
HMMVV with cal .50 HMG 
FIST-V (artillery observer) 

It is possible to 'play' these tanks as either the Gunner, Driver, or the TC, thereby taking direct control of all the systems in your endeavor to do maximum damage to the enemy. The Gunner and TC positions within these tanks are highly accurate and taken from real world vehicles in almost every way. Many of these vehicles have very detailed interior views to increase your immersion. The drivers position is more generic and less detailed, but does allow for for the user to get a feel for it. In multiplayer sessions, each of these 3 positions may be manned by human players. These digital tanks were designed with direct input from professional soldiers recalling their experience on real world tanks and were completed with particular attention to detail. You may also guide these tanks from a third person view, allowing the AI 'crew' to fight the tank while still maintaining personal control of its exact position.

Steel Beasts Pro PE also features these other 'partially playable' vehicles -

T-72M1
T-80U
BMD-2
BMP-1
BMP-2
BRDM-2
BTR-80
Piranha III 
ASLAV-CS
LAV-25
Marder 1A3 (GE)
MT-LB
HMMVV with TOW 
BRDM-2AT
M113 engineering vehicle
M113 medical evacuation vehicle
M113 TOW 
M113A3G/VB artillery observer
Mine clearing line charge trailer (MICLIC) 
OPMV (DK) command post vehicle
Ural 4320 general purpose truck
Mercedes GD240 
HEMTT fuel truck
HEMTT cargo truck
M901 (US)
Jaguar 1A3 
Biber bridge layer 
MT-55 bridge layer 
YPR-765
YPR-765 PRAT 
HIND-E Helicopter 

Also, all tanks can be fitted with mine plows or mine rollers. 

Troops (West Block and East Block) -

Each of the 'partially playable' vehicles allow for guiding the vehicles from a third person point of view. The AI then takes over the brunt of target identification and firing. You may also help them 'notice' enemy units via certain joystick/keyboard commands. So vehicles are not totally in the hands of the AI.

But maybe you're more of a strategic sort who would rather leave the actual fighting to the grunts? Steel Beasts allows for this too. It is entirely possible (and sometimes necessary) to play an entire game from the map. The map is not only a valuable resource in figuring out where you are on the battlefield, it is also functions as a tactical interface for every unit under your control. From the map you will issue commands and design the routes that will lead your forces to battlefield supremacy (or to becoming burned out hulks). Route types such as Engage, Assault, and Scout all cause the units to perform specific tasks. Such things as varying the speed, fire control orders, and formation are built in in order to tweak all route types to just the thing you need to aid any unit to battlefield survival.

Back