• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

The opinion of 10,000 people is also of no value if it is not wholly obtained by only objective reasoning.
Depends on the extent to which they're willing to act on that belief, and how far that action is capable of carrying. Or whether someone else can stand to gain from pandering to that belief, however ill-founded it may be.

🍻

“The opinion of 10,000 people is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.”

I can't find that exact quote in my translation of the Meditations, and I believe it may be apocryphal.

However, it does sound like something he might have said, but in reference to how a good person should conduct themselves. One of Marcus Aurelius' main themes was that a person should always act in the pursuit of justice and truth regardless of what others may think. Being a fundamentally Stoic work, the Meditations preaches resilience and honor. The book is littered with comments about the opinion of others, mostly similar to this one: "I have often wondered how it should come to pass, that every man loving himself best, should more regard other men's opinions concerning himself than his own...we fear more what our neighbours will think of us, that what we ourselves."

With respect to the comments about 10000 people, I don't think Marcus Aurelius would have completely disregarded the opinions of an ill-informed mob. If anything, I think he would have recognized that 10000 people - even fools - can be quite dangerous if they can be organized and led. Late in his reign as Emperor, he had to put down a revolt led by Avidius Cassius, who managed to seize Rome while Marcus Aurelius was campaigning on the frontiers.

Jordan Peterson interviews Mosad Hassam Yousef the son of a Hamas founder who himself was a member of Hamas. It's a very interesting interview with insite into how Hamas works and functions.

Jordan Peterson interviews Mosad Hassam Yousef the son of a Hamas founder who himself was a member of Hamas. It's a very interesting interview with insite into how Hamas works and functions.
My wife watched this and what he said really hit her because she recalls all of the anti-sematic and anti-Israeli stuff they heard growing up. Muslims around the world are indoctrinated to hate/despise Jews and Israel from age 7 and up.

Back