• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Harper - Election Promises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navalsnpr

Inactive
Reaction score
Here is a quick one for you all, in the past two months what promises did Harper break that he made as part of his election platform?

That seems like a loaded question, and you obviously have an axe to grind in asking it. Breaking promises in politics crosses the entire spectrum and party lines.

Not to mention the fact that he has only had his majority government for less than two months. Give it four years then an adequate list could be compiled.
For example he promised to scrap the gun registry, yet it still exists. Is this a broken promise? Could it be that the conservative government will scrap the gun registry, but they need a little time to settle in first?

While I am not particularly a fan of Harper's Policies per se - he does seem to have a reasonable track record (as far as politicians go) with keeping his political promises, even as he adjusts them for political reality.  As noted before, give him 4 years with a majority then judge him accordingly.

My Opinion.

Didn't he promise the Canucks would win the Cup?

Fail.

Scott said:
Didn't he promise the Canucks would win the Cup?

Fail.

Really?  Very curious if he indeed said that. I'm sure the opposition would love to blame the riots on him!!

dapaterson said:
Can you really trust a man who's a Maple Leafs fan?

Knows he's going to lose but still plays to win? Yep, I'd trust him.

ModlrMike said:
Knows he's going to lose but still plays to win? Yep, I'd trust him.

The Maple Leafs play to win?

In what league?

I mean, there are ringuette teams for 8 year olds with greater skill and fire than the Maple Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back