• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How much will i be paid?

jarko

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok i was offered a job as an infantry man and they said i will be posted at PPCLI. I am starting my basic training on April 12th. Now my question is how much exactly will i get paid?? When the recruiting center called me they told me that i will recieve $2400/mnth. What other fees will i have to pay and how much in total will i make, if someone would spend their time with helping can you also tell me what is deducted from the $2400?? Also is this $2400 for the first year?? or untill i advance?? Anyway i am mostly interested in the actual amount i will be making after all deducations. I am pretty sure the final payment will not be the amount they told me. When i called the recruiting center i did not get a straight answer so I was hoping someone here could help me..

Thank you..

..just do a search. This forum has your answers if you're willing to put in a few minutes to look for it.

The following is very rough and your pay will be explained to you at BMQ and future unit orderly rooms.

Ok 2421 gross per month to start for the first year, the second year it goes up to 2960 and the third year to 3556.  Now that is barring any pay increases during that time.

Now you take off Income tax, CPP, EI, superannuation (CF pension) and you are left with about 1596.

Now take off rations and quarters which could vary but I will guess 450 per month and that leaves you 1146.

Like I said very rough calculations and maybe someone can you give you more detail but it is a start.

recceguy said:
Pay? Do it for the thrill man! ;)

That is exactly what I thought I was doing when I received my first pay in 1979 and it was $97.56. :)

Yeah i dont care about the pay, its just my brother who wants to get in won't stop bothering me to find it out for him and wanted me to let him know. Even if it meant i had to go to the army for free, I would.. Thanks for the answers.

I know this is a little off topic, but it would help a lot if someone would answer. I now live in an appartment with my girlfriend. I signed a lease last year and resigned it for the next year (starting in july). Now if I get into the forces soon, I fear that i'll have to pay for my rations, barracks, PLUS my appartment wich I can't stop paying for because my girlfriend can't pay for it all. Then you add electricity and phone bills and all, man, i'll barely get 20$ to go out for a beer and to fill my car to get back to see my girlfriend during the 2 first years! Any input would be appreciated, as I just did some math and i'm a little embarassed about all of this. Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

NiTz said:
I know this is a little off topic, but it would help a lot if someone would answer. I now live in an appartment with my girlfriend. I signed a lease last year and resigned it for the next year (starting in july). Now if I get into the forces soon, I fear that i'll have to pay for my rations, barracks, PLUS my appartment wich I can't stop paying for because my girlfriend can't pay for it all. Then you add electricity and phone bills and all, man, i'll barely get 20$ to go out for a beer and to fill my car to get back to see my girlfriend during the 2 first years! Any input would be appreciated, as I just did some math and i'm a little embarassed about all of this. Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

If you have been living together for at least one year then you can apply for your relationship to recognized by the CF as a common-in-law relationship and if it is then you won't pay for rations and quarters while away at training.  Talk to your recruiting centre about it.

I am married with one child.  I would get the no charge rations and quarters at BMQ correct?  I would start at the $24** for salary.  During BMQ would I also receive separation allowance if yes how much?  After BMQ when I would be posted for training if my wife and daughter came with I would be in a PMQ correct?

mbhabfan said:
I am married with one child.   I would get the no charge rations and quarters at BMQ correct?   I would start at the $24** for salary.   During BMQ would I also receive separation allowance if yes how much?   After BMQ when I would be posted for training if my wife and daughter came with I would be in a PMQ correct?

Yes, yes, yes (about $300 a month), not necessarily (you could purchase or rent off base, also, they may stay where they are until you're trained and posted to a unit at which point you'll get a full expense paid move)

If the course I was going on was longer than six months they would count that as a posting wouldn't they?  I was under the impression that I would get a move when I was done BMQ???

oohh.. that's great so I probably won't have to pay for the rations and quarters... Thank you for the info !

Cheers!

mbhabfan said:
If the course I was going on was longer than six months they would count that as a posting wouldn't they?   I was under the impression that I would get a move when I was done BMQ???

Longer than six months is supposed to be a posting, though you could get an attach posting or imposed restriction (IR).  I was in Kingston for 20 months on 4 consecutive attach postings while I waited to go to Moose Jaw, so greater than 6 months doesn't always equal a posting. You won't get a full move by IRP (Integrated Relocation Program) until you're MOC qualified which means you may not get things like legal fees and realtor fees reimbursed. I've never heard of guys taking their families with them to Gagetown while they were on phase training. I'm not going to say it can't happen, but as I said, I've never heard of it.

Btw, how much would it cost to live in the barracks instead of quarters??

jarko said:
Btw, how much would it cost to live in the barracks instead of quarters??

They are one and the same......so are the Shacks, ESQs, Lines, Bunkhouse,.......

To get separation allowance, do u need to have children or just be married?? and if ure not married but u live whit ure girlfriends more than one years can u get it??

I'm asking cause its the first time heard about it  ???

Many of these Allowances, you as a Recruit will not be entitled to.  It is best to ask these questions at your Recruiting Office or Unit Pay Clerks.  In many cases, you are not entitled to many of these Allowances until your are Posted to a Unit on completion of your Training.  That way the Government doesn't feel like it is dowling out Charity.

George Wallace said:
Many of these Allowances, you as a Recruit will not be entitled to.   It is best to ask these questions at your Recruiting Office or Unit Pay Clerks.   In many cases, you are not entitled to many of these Allowances until your are Posted to a Unit on completion of your Training.   That way the Government doesn't feel like it is dowling out Charity.

Well if they are married or are common-in-law they are entitled to separation expense and free R&Q.

Back