• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Increase font in quotes

Messerschmitt

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm suggesting to increase the font in quotes. I stopped trying to read text in quotes that's more than 2-3 lines. The crazy small font hurts my eyes.

I could've sworn there was a menu setting to set the forum appearance...one of the settings was how many posts per page you wanted.  Darned if I can find it now.

I think the quoted font size is one less than whatever your default font size is.  But there ought to be a place where you can set that...

Messerschmitt said:
I'm suggesting to increase the font in quotes.

This may, or may not, help,

Font Size 
Mike Bobbitt said:
In Firefox, hit CTRL 0 (zero) and if the font sizes have been changed locally that will restore it. In Firefox 3 font changes (CTRL + and CTRL -) are persistent for the site in question, so will only change back when you revert it in your browser.

Hopefully it's something simple like that.

But that will increase all text font proportionally, nein?

If the Site software could make the quotation font the same size as the overall font, that would be ideal.

This is a good suggestion. It has annoyed me, too, especially when using my phone, but I've just accepted it all along.

I don't mind the smaller font.  Usually, it is a post that you have already read, so you don't need to re-read the whole thing so much as enough to recognize what the post currently being made is in referencing.

If someone is using the quote feature to contain information brought from another site (such as a news article), it is easy enough to set the font size when creating the post.

Code:
[quote][SIZE=13px]text goes here[/SIZE][/quote]

MCG said:
I don't mind the smaller font.  Usually, it is a post that you have already read, so you don't need to re-read the whole thing so much as enough to recognize what the post currently being made is in referencing.

If someone is using the quote feature to contain information brought from another site (such as a news article), it is easy enough to set the font size when creating the post.

Code:

And the amount of people doing that is pretty much nil

Messerschmitt said:
I'm suggesting to increase the font in quotes. I stopped trying to read text in quotes that's more than 2-3 lines. The crazy small font hurts my eyes.

Quote text size has been increased to match normal text.

Thanks, Mike. I noticed that yesterday. Life is better now.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Quote text size has been increased to match normal text.

Wow, never thought a suggestion would be taken into consideration, especially this fast, considering this forum is very old.

Thanks! Eyes not hurt anymore

Funny, I was unhappy with how long it took me to get around to it! :)

Just noticed that the quotes font has shrunken.  Is this a deliberate change or was it due to a default setting?  Or is it just my new glasses?

Blackadder1916 said:
Just noticed that the quotes font has shrunken.  Is this a deliberate change or was it due to a default setting?  Or is it just my new glasses?

Looks the same size to me?

Edit: Nope, I did a forced refresh and sure enough, the font size is smaller again. I did some re-work over the weekend, I'll have to go back and fix it. Thanks for letting me know!

Fixed. You may need to Ctrl-F5 or Shift-F5 to force a cache refresh.

Shift-F5 and I had more improvement in what I was able to see than from anything my ophthalmologist did at my last visit to his clinic.  Thanks, Mike.

Back