• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ink Refill Kits

K. Ash

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone out there have any experience with these things?

Yeah... I went ti Island Ink Jet before Christmas to get my black cartridge refilled..

Did a fine enough job... helluva lot cheaper than a new cartridge...

The trick is to go as soon as the cartridge runs out, not a couple of days later, as the sponge dries out and Island inkjet can‘t do a thing except sell you a new one.

they also suggest putting it into a ziploc baggy with a wet piece of paper towel... keeps things good and moist...

Depending on the type of InkJet you have, if the print head is a part of the ink cartridge I would not recommend refilling the cartridge, as the print head‘s life is based on the amount of ink the catridge comes with, if this is done you will usually get print quality defects. If you do decide to refill this type of cartridge, I wouldn‘t recommend doing it more then once.

If the ink and print head are separate you can usually refill them without to much trouble, much cheaper then new cartridges... In this case I would recommend reading the manual to see how many print cartridges the print head is rated at however, using refilled cartridges can decrease the life of the print head.

In any case, if you do happen to get print quality defects of any kind while using refilled cartridges, I suggest trying new catridges as your first troubleshooting step. as it will probably be the cause...

Back