• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Insignia question: maple leaf over nametag?

eliminator

Reaction score
Just came across this photo. Does anyone know the significance of the "maple leaf" looking badge over the nametag?

Sailorwest said:
Okay, now what is the item underneath his CDS commendation?

It signifies being Patrol Pathfinder qualified.

Edit:  what he said  ^

Sailorwest said:
Okay, now what is the item underneath his CDS commendation?
Patrol pathfinder qualification badge -- a winged torch.

PATHFDR3.JPG

Larry Strong said:
So what's the maple leaf under the name tag.

The small maple leaf directly under the name tag is the War of 1812 pin; the larger maple leaf, lower down is the Land Force Command Badge.

eliminator said:
Just came across this photo. Does anyone know the significance of the "maple leaf" looking badge over the nametag?

Heck, that's the first time that I have ever seen that.  I learned something new today!    :nod:

But it's probably no different, than being on my ILQ Grad parade many years ago and the reviewing officer (Army BGen) looking me up and down, person left, person right and asking me "What kind of Command Badge are you wearing?"

And, before anybody asks about any other details in the photo, the round brass things are buttons.

Loachman said:
And, before anybody asks about any other details in the photo, the round brass things are buttons.

Oh, I've heard of those new fangled contraptions.....

;D

oooh the cookie cutter! you still got yours, DAA? I think mine is in the bottom of a draw somewhere around here, did you get your membership in the Brotherhood of Underground Mushroomers too, good times!

Hoplite- said:
The small maple leaf directly under the name tag is the War of 1812 pin; the larger maple leaf, lower down is the Land Force Command Badge.

Thank you, I was aware of the LFC badge, had them back when I was a centurion.........the War of 1812 pin is a new one for me.

Larry

Back