• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

int companys

A

AsLan

Does anyone know how many int companys Canada has, and where they are located?

Hmm. I didn‘t think this is a classified thing. I just didn‘t see very many in any of the Brigade‘s listings. (only 41st Brigade actually)

I ran into a Reservist from Vancouver ,39 Bg?
a few year‘s back who was an Oxymoron other than that one person I never knew the reserve‘s had Oxymoron Unit‘s.

Thanks guys. I‘ve found out since then that 1 Int Coy is in Kingston, 2 Int Coy is in T.O.?

Does anyone have an idea what these guys do in general? (without getting into details of course)

I know there‘s one in Vancouver and one in Halifax.

Lord knows what they do. I‘ve never seen them on an ex. There was a bunch doing QL3 in the same camp as me, they spent their time in air conditioned trailers on computers, and most of their recruits were guys from other units who had transferred in.
They have their offices in 39 Bde HQ, and on the walls outside are all sorts of weapons systems info printed off the BBC web page. Reassuring to know we get intel from BBC.

Originally posted by Enfield:
[qb]They have their offices in 39 Bde HQ, and on the walls outside are all sorts of weapons systems info printed off the BBC web page. Reassuring to know we get intel from BBC.[/qb]
What else is new? At work (customs) we are supposed to be looking out for a bunch of Yemeni/Arab bad guys. Of course, nobody bothered to supply us with the official intelligence lookouts. We are using printed pages from the FBI website (www.fbi.gov) with pictures and names of the 18 or so baddies. Embarassing.

Perhaps the BBC info was more suitable as it didn‘t need (or wasn‘t permitted) to be classified -- e.g., if displayed in a quasi-public venue. It may also have been better quality than otherwise available.

Raw int data often comes from public sources. I‘m sure you would find int ops watching a lot of foreign news reports.

Humint is extremely limited - a situation which has been dramatically highlighted by recent world events.

Back