• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interesting Family History

Xylric

Inactive
Reaction score
One of the interesting things about the annual family reunion that my grandmother's clan has been engaging in for as long as I can remember is that we all knew that my grandmother's father served in the First World War. Two years ago, we gathered one August day.... a century to the day of my great-grandfather's last day at home before shipping out.

My mother's cousin painstakingly assembled everything he could about my great-grandfather's service, including his autobiographical account about his service, his letters home to his twin sister, and many other details.

Most curiously, tracing his journey through France based on the information available, I was able to determine that he may well have met my other maternal great-grandfather due to both of them being located in the same town during the same week in early 1918.

Then my paternal grandfather gave me a photo of his uncle, telling me how the others in the photo were KIA, and while the photo wasn't taken anywhere near where my great-grandfathers were.... it was taken the same week, based on the information that came with it.

Rather weird.

Back