• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is CFSPDB not used to its full potential

CFSPDB

Inactive
Reaction score
Why is the  CFSPDB not  full  or at lest running to 80% of it total numbers for inmates

Because there aren't enough people sent there to make it full or at 80%.

It's not a volunteer thing you know...

NOt enough people?  I think 80%  of 25 is around 20. So where is it  we dont have enough people to send.

Are you talking about manning or people who actually go there because of an offence?

CFSPDB said:
Why is the  CFSPDB not  full  or at lest running to 80% of it total numbers for inmates
Are you insinuating that more of us should do the Crime, so we can do the time?  Just to keep the DB full?  :-[

George Wallace said:
Are you insinuating that more of us should do the Crime, so we can do the time?  Just to keep the DB full?   :-[
I suggest we start by sending CFSPDB to motivate others... maybe if MPs lead the way, others would follow...  ::)

CFSPDB said:

Since your profile is empty, should we assume that you're posting from CFSPDB? ;D

Feeling a bit lonely????

Wow...I never realized that was such a problem.

I fear I've failed in that I've neglected this ongoing situation.

meni0n, I think it's now our DUTY to go commit service offences, so that we may be part of the solution...

or wait, if it's not full capacity, maybe another solution has been working...like, the deterrent factor?

If you want to trash your room go ahead. I was trying to get across why are not  more people sentenced to deter others. Btw Sig guys are the first one  to break in DB  ;D

CFSPDB said:
If you want to trash your room go ahead. I was trying to get across why are not  more people sentenced to deter others. Btw Sig guys are the first one  to break in DB  ;D

Alcohol and smoke withdrawal? Probably.  :blotto:

Des,

Remember "Every good troop spends time in jail" so I ask how good of a troop are you?  8)

HitorMiss said:
Des,

Remember "Every good troop spends time in jail"

"The better troops get away with it"

I'll leave it at that.  ;)

Digger time was a promotional avenue way back when. As for with drawl  No one has addictions.......well thats what they say  and three later  the scracthing starts.

How long ago was "way back when"?  Was that in "the good old days"?  Or "back in the day"?

Way back when is before 1988  but after 1975  The  good old days only apply to germany time :)

Well, in that case, I remember "way back when", and the majority of the soldiers I saw go to SDB were improved by it only with respect to deepening their resolve to achieve civilian status.

Based on my experience of hearing it from NCOs of the early 80s, I would suggest that the "urban legend" of soldiers "improved" by doing time definitely predates your chosen period for "way back when" and the time served was not for the same crimes of note in the early 80s (ex., drug use).

So let me get this straight...

Someone who has been in since around 1988, who works at the DB, is asking about why it is not being used nearly up to capacity?

Hmmm?

Possibly because new troops don't get into trouble as severely as often. Or possibly the COs want to sort out their own problems, not push them off to others?

Would a better question be:

If we are not using it to its capacity, why do we need it?

Based on my experience of hearing it from NCOs of the early 80s, I would suggest that the "urban legend" of soldiers "improved" by doing time definitely predates your chosen period for "way back when" and the time served was not for the same crimes of note in the early 80s (ex., drug use

I am so sorry I don't go by hearsay. I actually work there and I do see some,not all but some soldiers do get back on the right track. I do think that a increase in use  would perhaps encourage the others to embrace the Army way.  I believe we have seen a decrease in the quality of the recruit ever sense Cornwallis was closed. CFSPDB  seems to be the last place for discipline  well  maybe  3 RCR still has it to

Oh, so my personal experience with soldiers going to and returning from SDB when I was a platoon commander in the 80s is heresay?

Please tell us how the CF should increase the numbers of soldiers being sent to SDB, since this is your solution to "improving" the NCO corps.

Back