• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

It's Tough But

I actually think it's good, maybe even very good ... I suspect it appeals to the sort of the people they really need and want.

I actually think it's good, maybe even very good ... I suspect it appeals to the sort of the people they really need and want.

If they want martyrs, I think this is a great way to go ;)

Tom Austen Brother GIF by HULU

Tell people what they are getting into.

"That wasn't in the brochure!" ☺

Especially if they will be working 9-1-1 for the next 35 years.

I actually like it too. Too much police recruiting material focuses on 'you can help you community', 'you can become commissioner!' and other such soft statements, then too many recruits realize that they have to deal with people at their worst and people who don't really like them.

The ironic thing here is this campaign is created and funded by our union because they have heard the membership complain of poor recruitment, staffing and retention and the RCMP's utter failure to make any meaningful improvements in those areas, so now our union dues are paying for what should be the job of the RCMP/Government of Canada.

It's created some spirited conversations in the various group chats I'm a part of.

They mentioned teamwork.

Of course, being a team player is important.

There was no mention of partners. Are RCMP patrol officers assigned a permanent partner to ride with?

@RedFive beat me to it. The RCMP union created these.

Beautiful shot of Grey Mountain with Whitehorse in the background at 0:30. That’s incredible country up there.

They mentioned teamwork.

Of course, being a team player is important.

There was no mention of partners. Are RCMP patrol officers assigned a permanent partner to ride with?
Hah! No.

Guess I watched too much Car 54 and Adam-12 :)

I actually like it too. Too much police recruiting material focuses on 'you can help you community', 'you can become commissioner!' and other such soft statements, then too many recruits realize that they have to deal with people at their worst and people who don't really like them.
Lets hire people with a degree in criminology, but have never actually met any. I advise people who want to go into policing to become mall cops for a bit, then you get a taste of street level policing before spending wads on a education for a career you dislike.

Even in the largest Detachment of the force, I ride alone unless I'm coaching a recruit. Some units ride two to a car, but that usually has to do with being short on specific kinds of cars (surveillance vehicles or the gang squad Tahoes with steel bumpers the the gang bangers love to play bumper cars with).

Back