• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jerry Amernic: The downfall of Canada’s military

Brad Sallows

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Couple of factors: ample parking (free, or very inexpensive) and easy transit access.

Nice to have: patch of ground (natural vice landscaped) for low-level dry training - say, 160 acres (1/2 mile a side).

MilEME09

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Couple of factors: ample parking (free, or very inexpensive) and easy transit access.

Nice to have: patch of ground (natural vice landscaped) for low-level dry training - say, 160 acres (1/2 mile a side).
If DND can expropriate land from a farmer for a now canned project of a training facility to JTF, I bet we can expropriate a bunch of empty commercial or industrial land, demo it and build an armory up to modern standards.

stoker dave

Reaction score
I have read some references to a "CAF Reconstituting Plan" promulgated by the CDS. That plan may address some of the concerns in this thread. Apparently the plan's focus is:

• prioritizing effort and resources on people,
  • rebuilding strength while making necessary changes to CAF culture on readiness and on modernization to develop the capabilities and
  • adapt the structure necessary to respond to evolving character of conflict and operations.

Is that plan publicly available? I suspect not as I was unable to locate it. It may need a thread dedicated to that if/when it becomes available.

MilEME09

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
I have read some references to a "CAF Reconstituting Plan" promulgated by the CDS. That plan may address some of the concerns in this thread. Apparently the plan's focus is:

• prioritizing effort and resources on people,
  • rebuilding strength while making necessary changes to CAF culture on readiness and on modernization to develop the capabilities and
  • adapt the structure necessary to respond to evolving character of conflict and operations.

Is that plan publicly available? I suspect not as I was unable to locate it. It may need a thread dedicated to that if/when it becomes available.
That plan is Force 2025 and no it is not public

Fabius

Reaction score
Technically F2025 is only Army and is only tangentially related to Reconstitution.
CAF Reconstitution is all services, and all the Services and other L1 HQs are working on their plans to support Reconstitution.

Navy_Pete

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of empty words in the story that don't mean anything in particular.

On the Navy side, hope this means paying off some ships in the very near future and downsizing to a fleet we can actually crew properly, while trying to build up the training system in a sustainable way to train enough people for the incoming fleet.

What I suspect will actually happen is they will target some arbitrary cuts in some trades to get rid of 'tail', have a bunch of people take buyouts while the going is good, realize they need the tail to get things done (like complex procurements and rebuilding) and then scramble to hire the same people back via contractors at a massive premium.

Nothing rebuilds morale like the feeling of impending doom from vague policy pronouncements!

Hard to get that W when you keep scoring on your own Tendy boys, give your nuts a tug!

markppcli

Reaction score
Hey there's a place for my sponsorship idea! The RCR Wolseley Barracks presented by Canada Life. The HMCS Star and National Flag Ship Haida by Circle K.

One comment: the old armoury buildings of 1900's will out last the new ones built today.
Probably but that doesn’t mean their really fit to task anymore. Not that a parade square isn’t a good multi purpose facility, but they need to be built with class rooms and maintenance facilities as the for front.