• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

job with the CAF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paalerik

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey, I started the recruitment process autumn 2022 while living in Rivière du Loup, my detachment was Rimouski and the guy told me to ask for infantry related activities. So I listened to the introduction stuff and registered for the CFAT in French where I scored 39-60 and was qualified. Did my interview and the sergeant told me I also qualified for intelligence (or whatever she meant by that). Then I did my medical stuff, no visual impairment I guess, no trouble hearing sounds, but there was a problem with my heart rate as I was tested 3 times by the nurse and it showed signs of abnormality. Might have white coat syndrome my mother told me, where I stress when in front of medical personnel. Was brought to another floor and asked to divulge some previous medical information. The document was pretty long but basically I had to disclose pervious medical conditions I would know about. Fast forward a couple of months, I'm back in Montréal working as a travel agent and receive an e-mail from another sergeant asking me to fill out the DND 2765 form. Basically, based on the information I gave, my "anamnèse" as they say, suggested potential ADHD-ADD. Something I was tested for with a neuropsychologist and where I failed, meaning I'm not supposed to have it.

I met up with a psychiatrist who had been following me for a while and asked her to sign the document. She did so and instead of answering the basic questions wrote an anecdote about my mental health. She also ticked the box stating I shouldn't be allowed to learn about explosives, guns and so on. She said the military was a horrible place, inhumane and toxic and that as a career choice I would be better off with an artistic discipline such as acting and film writing-directing-producing (I guess she has an ideological agenda). Nonetheless she signed the paper signed stating I didn't have ADHD-ADD and within a couple of hours I had given it to the recruitment center in Montréal.
What do you think the recruiters are going to think about this ? Should I ask for different branch, felt like Joint Task Force could be a potential fit as I'm pretty unhinged and love adrenaline. Was an excellent freeskier, snowboarder, skater and did BMX until a late age.

Is there a reason you didn't add this to the other thread you started in which you discuss your medical history? The responses you received from others are still applicable.

I'm going to break my personal rule of not providing an opinion, because clearly my last effort was too cryptic.

If even 10% of what you've divulged here is true, you are in no way, shape, or form suitable for military service. If I had the misfortune to conduct your recruit medical, my recommendation would be that you are unfit.

I'm going to break my personal rule of not providing an opinion, because clearly my last effort was too cryptic.

If even 10% of what you've divulged here is true, you are in no way, shape, or form suitable for military service. If I had the misfortune to conduct your recruit medical, my recommendation would be that you are unfit.
What Mike said...

JTF is soooo five years ago. What you want to do is get in on the new XXX program, outdoorsy guys like you are just the thing. You didn't hear this from me, 'kay?

JTF XXX is 15 times better than JTF2.

I'm fully qualified for JTF XXX because I used to be a pizza delivery guy.

Pfftt.

JTF XXX was last week, losers.

JTF XXXX. But you didn’t hear it from me.

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back