• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joining The Infantry

Is our infantry a bunch of “grunts”

• Yes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • No, we have an intelligent infantry

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Some are intelligent, most are not

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Most are intelligent, some are not

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

m_w_2012

Inactive
Reaction score
So my question is this- Will the canadian arm forces ever be accepting applications for infantry again? I tried to apply for the infantry just this past week but the recruiters did not accept my app and told me its closed and to apply in march 2012. Now i guess i missed the Fiscal year or due date or something which i understand and accept but i guess i would like to know when will the canadian army be accepting apps for the infantry? and when would be the best time to apply?

my next question and concern:

There is one problem with me applying to the canadian army. I was in the reservers  as an infantryman when i was 17 (im 20 right now) but i quit because i had a hard time balancing school and the reservers at the same time. The recruiter said that i might not be able to ever process an app for the military again depending on my release terms from the reserves, which i understand but i know i was released under voluntary, but he won't know that until he checks out my very old file. So i guess what im trying to get at is........ if the CF start hiring infantryman again  when would the best time for me to apply? Would it be march? If so should i hand in my application before march to give then time to look up my old file?

i hope my questions and situation makes sense and i hope someone can get back to me with some decent information.

P.S. I want to serve my country as an infantryman because infantry is what i need to full fill my dream to serve my country, but i feel like i have lost my chances to serve. I have been regretting my decision ever since i quite.

Thanks

Stacked said:
The recruiting website is always out of date. And it doesn't have a red star beside it. 

(Yes I understand if you click "Accepting Applications" in the filter, it does show up, among a bunch of other trades, but I have a feeling that's incorrect. Typically that will only show all jobs with that fancy red star beside them)

The accepting applications list changed recently. Infantry and a few other trades weren't there a couple weeks ago. I'm just saying what I saw. If it's not open for applications they should sort their crap out and fix it so people don't get their hopes up.

CFRC Calgary informed me that Infantry is open and accepting applications (Reg Force)

Or you could try contacting this member, apparently he has all the answers.

http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/members/43105

Although his thread was much funnier before being locked and cleaned up.

I applied at CFRC Toronto for Infantry Reg Force and they took my application in. Not to mention, i did my CFAT, my medical, and the interview. Now all that waits for me is a phone call.

m_w_2012 said:
So my question is this- Will the Canadian Armed Forces ever be accepting applications for infantry again? I tried to apply for the infantry just this past week but the recruiters did not accept my app and told me its closed and to apply in march 2012. Now I guess I missed the Fiscal year or due date or something which I understand and accept but I guess I would like to know when will the Canadian army be accepting apps for the infantry? And when would be the best time to apply?

My next question and concern:

There is one problem with me applying to the Canadian army. I was in the reserves  as an infantryman when I was 17 (I'm 20 right now) but I quit because I had a hard time balancing school and the reserves at the same time. The recruiter said that I might not be able to ever process an app for the military again depending on my release terms from the reserves, which I understand but I know I was released under voluntary, but he won't know that until he checks out my very old file. So I guess what I'm trying to get at is........ if the CF start hiring infantryman again,  when would the best time for me to apply? Would it be March? If so should I hand in my application before March to give then time to look up my old file?

I hope my questions and situation makes sense and I hope someone can get back to me with some decent information.

P.S. I want to serve my country as an infantryman because infantry is what I need to full fill my dream to serve my country, but I feel like I have lost my chances to serve. I have been regretting my decision ever since I quit.

Thanks

Fixed it up for you.

I applied last year for infantry and combat engineer, and did everything but never got merit listed due to a medical issue once it got cleared up they were full. I applied again when they said to, March of 2011, and I got the job offer for infantry on May 16.

They told me that there was only 9 spots open in western canada for infantry and that it was highly competitive. Luckly I got selected.

Just don't give up and hand one in next year. Nothing else you can really do but wait.

m_w_2012 said:
So my question is this- Will the canadian arm forces ever be accepting applications for infantry again? I tried to apply for the infantry just this past week but the recruiters did not accept my app and told me its closed and to apply in march 2012. Now i guess i missed the Fiscal year or due date or something which i understand and accept but i guess i would like to know when will the canadian army be accepting apps for the infantry? and when would be the best time to apply?

my next question and concern:

There is one problem with me applying to the canadian army. I was in the reservers  as an infantryman when i was 17 (im 20 right now) but i quit because i had a hard time balancing school and the reservers at the same time. The recruiter said that i might not be able to ever process an app for the military again depending on my release terms from the reserves, which i understand but i know i was released under voluntary, but he won't know that until he checks out my very old file. So i guess what im trying to get at is........ if the CF start hiring infantryman again  when would the best time for me to apply? Would it be march? If so should i hand in my application before march to give then time to look up my old file?

i hope my questions and situation makes sense and i hope someone can get back to me with some decent information.

P.S. I want to serve my country as an infantryman because infantry is what i need to full fill my dream to serve my country, but i feel like i have lost my chances to serve. I have been regretting my decision ever since i quite.

Thanks
The fiscal year begins again in April 2012, so if the recruiter suggested you apply in March 2012 (one month early), it's probably good advice.

Stacked said:
The recruiting website is always out of date. And it doesn't have a red star beside it. 

(Yes I understand if you click "Accepting Applications" in the filter, it does show up, among a bunch of other trades, but I have a feeling that's incorrect. Typically that will only show all jobs with that fancy red star beside them)

Gee, that really projects an image of professionalism in the year 2011 when practically everyone uses the internet. 
Is it really too much to ask that someone keeps it up to date? 
Do you find that to be such a burdensome task?

malamudagain said:
Gee, that really projects an image of professionalism in the year 2011 when practically everyone uses the internet. 
Although I think most of us would agree that it would be nice if it were more in date than it currently is, but recruiting figures come and go at such a pace that I think it would always just be that much quicker to contact a recruiter.

malamudagain said:

I'm sure our performance in Afghanistan, Libya and many other places speaks to our professionalism quite a bit more significantly than a website, so i think our reputation will do just fine.

Surette87 said:
I applied at CFRC Toronto for Infantry Reg Force and they took my application in. Not to mention, i did my CFAT, my medical, and the interview. Now all that waits for me is a phone call.

Same here. I applied in April, am still waiting for my file to go through processing, but I call every Thursday just to get an update and to see if Infantry is still open, and they keep telling me it is.
Man, everyone else is getting their calls, what the hell is wrong with my app?!...maybe I AM tpoo old.

:-\

Waters81 said:
Same here. I applied in April, am still waiting for my file to go through processing, but I call every Thursday just to get an update and to see if Infantry is still open, and they keep telling me it is.
Man, everyone else is getting their calls, what the hell is wrong with my app?!...maybe I AM tpoo old.

Don't worry, I'm 20 and was told to f*ck off (not literally) for yet another year.

malamudagain said:

I will add to CDN_Aviator's comments and say, on behalf of the CF, I apologise to you for the website not being up to date. We've had this little thing called a war going on and so updating a list on a website took a back seat.

.....Wrong place for the attitude there fella.

Waters81 said:

I just hope they accept my application and that I get a phone call soon. Best of luck to you as well :)

By the way, is there anybody here who's from Toronto, who has been merit listed and has their date for BMQ for Infantry Reg Force?

Nobody on the merit list would have dates for BMQ as they haven't been offered a position yet. Once the selection officers choose the people they want from the merit list they will be notified with a job offer, swear in date, and BMQ date.

Infantry is extraordinarily competitive at this point in time and regardless of whether or not you have an application processing for it, you will likely not get the job this time around. (key word likely)

Back