• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joining the Reserves... or not?

Bisto

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day,
Marco, 36 years old, :cdn:🇮🇹 I began my application to join the Reserves. My CFAT test is next Feb 9th. In the meanwhile, I am training pretty hard every day to be ready for the basic.
I'll have my first information session this evening in Montreal, at the Combat Engineer Regiment. I am not sure if I am doing it right, most of the positions seem to be closed, especially those I would like to apply for, like construction technician/combat engineer, material management technician, and public affairs officer.
At the present time I work as a construction supervisor, but I have years of experience in marketing as well.
Excited for tonight meeting, tons of questions, wish me good luck! (y)

Get your foot in the door, keep the positive thinking hat on and ask questions. Never know what will happen between now the the time you are sworn and in pass basic. A good first impression at the Unit goes a long way

Good day,
Marco, 36 years old, :cdn:🇮🇹 I began my application to join the Reserves. My CFAT test is next Feb 9th. In the meanwhile, I am training pretty hard every day to be ready for the basic.
I'll have my first information session this evening in Montreal, at the Combat Engineer Regiment. I am not sure if I am doing it right, most of the positions seem to be closed, especially those I would like to apply for, like construction technician/combat engineer, material management technician, and public affairs officer.
At the present time I work as a construction supervisor, but I have years of experience in marketing as well.
Excited for tonight meeting, tons of questions, wish me good luck! (y)
I know you wrote this a while ago, but you should know that you cannot apply for an officer position and an NCM position at the same time. Also for reserves you are applying to a particular unit, so it may look like jobs are closed, when perhaps they simply do not have that trade at that unit.

Back