• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2019 - ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be pedantic, only a plurality of the electorate.

Edited to add: And that doesn’t make his behaviour any more acceptable now than it wasn’t before. If people want to know why things have been sliding regarding conduct, it should come as no surprise when many Canadians accept and reinforce it via conduct such as Justin Trudeau.
Except that he holds others to a higher standard than he holds himself. Case-in-point is his comments regarding the CDS(s), Norman and the disappointing draft pick by Les Canadiens.

Except that he holds others to a higher standard than he holds himself. Case-in-point is his comments regarding the CDS(s), Norman and the disappointing draft pick by Les Canadiens.

Indeed.

I don't know of any reasonable person who hand on heart can't acknowledge that Justin Trudeau is a hypocrite where issues of sexualized, racialized or ethical conduct are concerned.

Nothing I was just trying to be coy. Lol I was 8 in 87 lol
over my head i guess i though it had something to do with Mulroney
Indeed.

I don't know of any reasonable person who hand on heart can't acknowledge that Justin Trudeau is a hypocrite where issues of sexualized, racialized or ethical conduct are concerned.
I have lots of Liberal family and friends and other than a few diehards none are impressed with him

The question is a Liberal majority worse for Canada than a Liberal minority propped up by the NDP and Bloq?

The question is a Liberal majority worse for Canada than a Liberal minority propped up by the NDP and Bloq?
Well, you can kiss the committee on Canada China relations good bye if the Liberals get a majority, for starters.

Indeed.

Altair but he's not all that reasonable.
Worse - now he can do anything he wants with impunity - much like he does now but it will be worse.

While I doubt the cons will win, my best case scenario is tbe liberal minority is reduced even further, requiring them to actually need to listen to the cons, not just the bloq

In a perfect world, I would like to see a Liberal-Conservative coalition that had the best characteristics of both and none of the bad characteristics.

In any other country, the two main parties would form a “grand coalition” to keep separatists and extremists away from the levers of power.

But that’s just fantasy in Canada.

Edited for context.

In a perfect world, I would like to see a Liberal-Conservative coalition that had the best characteristics of both and none of the bad characteristics.

In any other country, the two main parties would form a “grand coalition” to keep separatists and extremists away from the levers of power.

But that’s just fantasy in Canada.

Edited for context.
If proportional representation was implemented I could see this happening.

Neither the LPC nor the CPC would ever get enough popular support to rule outright again, so I could see there being a time when they both get tired of the NDP having the balance of power.

This would be after a generation of LPC-NDP coalitions though.

faith in our country yes, faith in the leadership, not so much at all.
Our current prime minister manages to be so much worse than his father, and I've always held PET in utter contempt.
EDITED TO ADD: He was, before his son, the most divisive PM in living memory. And the most enamored of tyrannical regimes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back