• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberals Censure debate on C-11 Censorship Bill

I know the Criminal Code definition of treason doesn't fit...

But can anybody truly say they don't feel Trudeau has betrayed our values we hold as Canadians in his attempt to officially eliminate a free press?

I find the very fact that he has introduced the very real possibility of government censorship in Canada & is pushing so hard to be treasonous, even if not by CC definition.

I know the Criminal Code definition of treason doesn't fit...

But can anybody truly say they don't feel Trudeau has betrayed our values we hold as Canadians in his attempt to officially eliminate a free press?

I find the very fact that he has introduced the very real possibility of government censorship in Canada & is pushing so hard to be treasonous, even if not by CC definition.

I find the whole business to be distasteful. The LIBERAL Party is not so "liberal" and in fact are behaving like a softer version of Lenin, Stalin and Mao. JT did say he had a basic admiration of China. But no one paid attention.

Uhh.. Me I guess? I don't think he has "betrayed our values", but more importantly, can you please provide me the link or something to the official policy or even just a statement by Trudeau indicating that he is "officially" (your words) attempting to eliminate free press in Canada? Seems like a pretty big deal but not even Skippy is mentioning it on twitter. Thanks in advance!

Uhh.. Me I guess? I don't think he has "betrayed our values", but more importantly, can you please provide me the link or something to the official policy or even just a statement by Trudeau indicating that he is "officially" (your words) attempting to eliminate free press in Canada? Seems like a pretty big deal but not even Skippy is mentioning it on twitter. Thanks in advance!
I have to disagree with you - he may not have said it outright but the spirit of the legislation seems to have the goal of shutting any criticism of the LPC down.
Just remember this government gave 600 million dollars to newspapers who were said to be in dire straits. 600 million buys you a lot of loyalty

I thinks that the game. They don't say it out loud. But you take the totality of moves made over the term in office can you come to a different conclusion? ...because I can't. I'm trying to follow Hanlon Razer here.

Put everything down.....large increases to the CBC. New subsidies to media and print companies but only companies pick by a board picked by the Liberals with major imput from the union. PMO commuication to the socials, Google, FB etc. Just look at the difference between Google and duck dick go or even a VPN Google search.

Large government ad buys to social and legacy media.

Much signaling to fellow traveller's in associations to come down on outspoken members differing with liberal narrative.

Then even the PM speeches coming out and saying this or that is not a Canadian value. And you can say that or even hold that view. He says it very strongly. You will can be open mind he say here is your though to have...now close it.

The bills in parliament really are nothing else but control. He's nationizing media and thought.

I thinks that the game. They don't say it out loud. But you take the totality of moves made over the term in office can you come to a different conclusion? ...because I can't. I'm trying to follow Hanlon Razer here.

The bills in parliament really are nothing else but control. He's nationizing media and thought.

You CAN come to a different conclusion. At least I do. The fundamental difference between me and you (and others) is whether you take what's being done at face value, or whether you look beneath the surface. You and other seem. Impossible to take things at face value.

What I mean is, if Trudeau was Puritan and wanted to ban Alcohol, cannabis, and poenogrpahy , you (maybe) would say he's trying to ban freedom of speech and control people, I would say no, he's just a Puritan and wants these specific things banned.

Trudeau's values differ from yours (and others on here) but his values aren't fundamentally uncanadian, and he shares the values of a huge portion of the Canadian population.

While I don't think he's a very compotent leader, and I do believe he's doing a better job of sowing division than of bringing the country together, I beleive that the there is NO "totality" to his various Bills; rather, he and the LPC just believe that those things that those bills attempt to do are warranted in and of themselves, and are NOT part of some grander orchestrated plan to turn Canada into Xi Ping China.

And yes, before you say it @Halifax Tar, I know I have a lot more faith in politicians than you do! I've met lot of really shitty Canadians, and compared to them Trudeau and the LPC aren't very high on my list of POS people.

And yes, before you say it @Halifax Tar, I know I have a lot more faith in politicians than you do! I've met lot of really shitty Canadians, and compared to them Trudeau and the LPC aren't very high on my list of POS people.

I exited this conversation some time ago, either way...

Brad Keselowski Thumbs Up GIF by NASCAR

While I don't think he's a very compotent leader, and I do believe he's doing a better job of sowing division than of bringing the country together, I beleive that the there is NO "totality" to his various Bills; rather, he and the LPC just believe that those things that those bills attempt to do are warranted in and of themselves, and are NOT part of some grander orchestrated plan to turn Canada into Xi Ping China.

For how many years and after how many damaging policies/bills/actions etc have to occur before someone like you starts to think there is a pattern?

You CAN come to a different conclusion. At least I do. The fundamental difference between me and you (and others) is whether you take what's being done at face value, or whether you look beneath the surface. You and other seem. Impossible to take things at face value.

What I mean is, if Trudeau was Puritan and wanted to ban Alcohol, cannabis, and poenogrpahy , you (maybe) would say he's trying to ban freedom of speech and control people, I would say no, he's just a Puritan and wants these specific things banned.

Trudeau's values differ from yours (and others on here) but his values aren't fundamentally uncanadian, and he shares the values of a huge portion of the Canadian population.

So let me start this off by saying I actually do respect your viewpoints & how you've written them here.

I disagree whole heartedly, but I appreciate the insight into why you view our situation the way you do.

(Don't have a ton of time here, so I'll just respond to what you wrote. But I've got a few links in mind that I'll post later in the day)

In terms of suspecting something under the surface vs face value...

To me, whether we look at what he says purely as it's said or written - and we do not infer ANY connection to an ulterior agenda - I still don't think he shares Canadian values.

We can start with SNC Lavalin as an easy example...

He's approached by the head honchos at SNC Lavalin who are asking him to change certain laws that are relevant to their situation.

Why are they asking him to change the law? Because they are breaking it, blatantly, in terms of corruption, bribery, racketeering, etc. They are under investigation by the RCMP and are nervous about being found guilty, because they are...however if Trudeau changed the law, they'd be off the hook.

Trudeau doesn't say "No, stop breaking the law!" or reject the idea out of hand. He actually considers accommodating it...so much so that he approaches the Attorney General about the idea.

Being that she's the Attorney General, she advises him to not change the law as it stands in order to accommodate people breaking it.

He didn't like that advise, so he fired her...

He fired the Attorney General for advising him not to break the law or assist others to do so.

^A majority of Canadians would most likely say they don't share this value

Or Chinese influence for something more recent...

Or more recently when it comes to the matter of Chinese influence over our elections, which really ultimately translates into China's influence over our government's decision making.

He was asking several, several times by the official Opposition as to whether or not he had been briefed by CSIS or the RCMP in regards to 11 Liberal candidates receiving donations from China during the election.

He clearly stated, more than once, that he had not been briefed & new nothing of the matter.

...Turns out, he was briefed. Multiple times...

He straight up lied when asked a simple yes or no question, during Question Period in the HoC, that has potentially MASSIVE national security concerns attached to his answer.

I'm willing to bet that most Canadians would say they don't share that value with him either

So those are just 2 examples of things that have happened, and can be taken at face value.

Both of which, in my opinion, are serious.

So now let's look at the under the surface stuff...

You ARE right - there is no link to an official speech or official government policy in which he states he wants to eliminate the free press...subversion doesn't tend to work that way though.

If you look at the totality of his moves over the last few years, especially right now, he seems to have a very clear interest in controlling what information Canadians can be exposed to.

In regards to Bill C-11, did anybody here find out about Bill C-11 by an official press release by the PMO?

Did anybody first hear about it in a speech by the PM?

(That's an open question...not rhetorical. I certainly didn't find out about C-11 because the PM made an announcement of it, but maybe he did?)

The point is, the bill will determine the algorithms used by various websites, including Google, that will limit what information Canadians can access.

Right now, Google has targeted 4% of Canadians with reduced access to information, as they work out the bugs for if this bill actually passes.

The government of Canada has not only introduced proposed legislation that affects what Canadians can access on the internet, but they are trying to bypass the usual safeguards we have in place and ram it through.

They even censored the debate about the bill, which ironically enough is about censorship.

Canadians DO NOT SHARE THESE VALUES, on mass.

While I certainly don't speak for everyone, I have high confidence that I'm not alone in feeling this way.

Final example, then I have to scoot for work...

The Freedom Convoys & the Emergencies Act, re seizing people's bank accounts.

I won't go over the whole Freedom Convoy thing because I think we all know & understand what the intended purpose was.

But there's a few key things I want to point out...

- The protestors who attended the Freedom rallies were peaceful, very peaceful. Yes they were an inconvenience, but that's literally the whole point of protesting an issue - to cause enough disruption that the other side has to take the time to discuss the matter, and hopefully come up with a solution that works for both sides.

- In the 4 weeks the protestors stayed, not a single government representative made any attempt to discuss the situation with them. Not one.

Usual protest stuff aside, here's my main point in regards to this...

- If you donated money to one of the Freedom Convoys, you ran a very good chance of having your bank accounts & assets frozen by the federal government.

- These individuals were not charged with a crime, as they hadn't broken the law. They were not arrested, charged, given due process in terms of being interviewed/informed of a charge/access to legal counsel/court dates set/disclosure provided, etc

The government just froze their accounts with ZERO legal authority to do so, and a blatant violation of your right to due process under the Charter. And those accounts were just unfrozen over the last month or two.

Think about this...what happens if you have a family? We all have rent or mortgage payments, how do they pay rent? Buy groceries? Put gas in their car or pay their bills?

Who do they call for help? The CRA? A lawyer? Who?

They weren't donating to ISIS or a terror network. They weren't money laundering.

All of this happened because they donated a few bucks to their fellow citizens who all drove from various parts of this massive country to exercise their fundamental right to protest.

This should terrify every single Canadian in one way or another, because at best it demonstrates a complete wilful disregard for your rights.

Whether we agree with the Freedom Convoys or not, that isn't the issue. The issue is the federal government can take it upon themselves to freeze your bank accounts if you donate to a cause they don't want people donating to - and your supposedly guaranteed legal rights under the Charter don't mean jack.

Canadians don't share this value with him either.

If he was well intended but just incredibly stupid, I don't think Canadians would collectively hate him as much as they do.

But by all means - and these were just a few examples that came to mind - he doesn't have good intentions at all, and he's demonstrated that over & over again with his actions AND words.

I'll post links later today, gotta scoot! 🥂

For how many years and after how many damaging policies/bills/actions etc have to occur before someone like you starts to think there is a pattern?
The nature of the policies/bills/actions in and of themselves does not provide proof of a nefarious plot. You need separate evidence, otherwise you're just conjecturing.

Sure, absolutely, but when has the LPC, or any party, ever personally targeted an average joe Canadian?
You were just given a perfect example of freezing individual, ordinary citizens bank accounts.

There's always the story of Tamara Leitch. An ordinary Canadian that helped organize a lawful protest and has now become the victim of ongoing government harassment. Jailed, fined, investigated and an ongoing pattern of abuses by trudeau that continues to this day.

I can't think of a single trudeau value that I share, with him.

Back