• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Logistic Officer questions

For Airforce, we Go directly to LOCC (Logistic officer common course) after BMOQ.

After that, it can vary depending which course is being offered first.

You have to do your specialty course. You’ll be able to tell your preference during your first weeks in BMOQ. For me, it’s finance and I’m doing it before the element course.

Then you’ll do the element related course.

if you’re army, you’ll normaly have BMOQ-A before the 3 courses.

If you’re navy, you don’t really have a choice for your specialty. You must do supply and finance.

I Hope this answer your question.
Is BMOQ-A similar to Phase 2 or Common Army Phase?

For sure, but I never had to explain the basic contracting process to a post AHOD Navy log two ringer before, or walk them through section 34, but may have been an outlier that I was dealing with that didn't have any real experience thrown into a senior position.
Can you point yo a resource that explains this process? Asking for a friend ;)

Contracting ? DLN is there for you :) Make sure you bring lots of coffee.

Contracting Direct with Trade
Green Procurement
Expenditure Management 32, 33, 34

Financial Admin Manual
Procurement Admin Manual

Its truly riveting materiel ;)

Fact: since completing that training, I did buy a drill.

However, since it was for myself, I could just do a sole source to deWalt to maintain compatibility with my existing cordless tools.

Last edited:
Fact: since completing that training, I did buy a drill.

However, since it was for myself, I could just do a sole source to deWalt to maintain compatibility with my existing cordless tools.

You should have went Milwaukee ;)

200.gif

Green Procurement

Financial Admin Manual
Procurement Admin Manual

I DO like me some coffee. Thanks!

Yes, you should be able to express your preference.
Doesn’t mean you’ll be offer that element, but they’ll try. For example, I was offer my 1st choice.
Hi ! I just had my interview for LogO and said my first trade choice was AirForce ! Do you know if they give you base choices when they call you or do you have to accept the one and only choice they have for you ? Thanks in advance :)

Hi ! I just had my interview for LogO and said my first trade choice was AirForce ! Do you know if they give you base choices when they call you or do you have to accept the one and only choice they have for you ? Thanks in advance :)
you too eh ?

From what I understand, there is some wiggle room after LOCC in Winnipeg to be sent out to one of the Wings. The wing locations are listed online, but it seems like there are many dotted coast to coast.

If you're going in for the Reg Force, you may state your choice of posting, but you never know if it is what you'll get. You'll only be able to express those while in BMOQ and after that (Not with the recruitment center). When they offer you a job, you don't know for where. (Except for reservist) The trade and the element wil be mentionned.

As for LOCC it is currently offered in Borden, ON in English and Valcartier, QC in french. No courses were given in Winnipeg in the past years.
LOCA (Air force logistic course) has been offered in Winnipeg a few times.

If you're going in for the Reg Force, you may state your choice of posting, but you never know if it is what you'll get. You'll only be able to express those while in BMOQ and after that (Not with the recruitment center). When they offer you a job, you don't know for where. (Except for reservist) The trade and the element wil be mentionned.

As for LOCC it is currently offered in Borden, ON in English and Valcartier, QC in french. No courses were given in Winnipeg in the past years.
LOCA (Air force logistic course) has been offered in Winnipeg a few times.
Hi ! I'm going into the Reg Force and i'm a french native speaker from QC ! I'm glad to know i can follow the courses at Valcartier ! Thanks for that info !

The entire Log Training structure is changing, beginning in 2025. Courses are being rewritten, OFP is being moved to after what was traditionally phase 3 (LOCC). Given where you are in the process, you are perfectly lined up to be a guinea pig in the first set of pilot courses the school in Borden will offer.

Which element you choose/are assigned will determine where your options to get posted will be after training in Borden. Each of the Land/Air/Navy elements will offer you different experiences, and understanding what the differences at the beginning can greatly assist in tempering expectations.

And then there is the offshoot to finance. Which even as a former Fin O, makes me wonder how long we can justify keeping that capability in uniform.

Green Procurement

Financial Admin Manual
Procurement Admin Manual

EMC 32,33,34 is the best. If you have experience I recommend click through to the test and give it a try. If you don't have experience bunker down for a long mind-numbing session somewhere with no interruptions for 8 plus hours.
The entire Log Training structure is changing, beginning in 2025. Courses are being rewritten, OFP is being moved to after what was traditionally phase 3 (LOCC). Given where you are in the process, you are perfectly lined up to be a guinea pig in the first set of pilot courses the school in Borden will offer.

Which element you choose/are assigned will determine where your options to get posted will be after training in Borden. Each of the Land/Air/Navy elements will offer you different experiences, and understanding what the differences at the beginning can greatly assist in tempering expectations.

And then there is the offshoot to finance. Which even as a former Fin O, makes me wonder how long we can justify keeping that capability in uniform.
But being a guinea pig on a pilot usually means you will pass.

Keeping purely Fin O may become easier with the tightening purse strings needing more monitoring. Sure NCMs can do it but you need an O to present the report brief. :ROFLMAO:

Back