• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for info on Combat Short Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Dorosh

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.canadiansoldiers.com/insignia/titles/combats.htm

Looking for any info anyone can share for use on this page.

Looking for several things

a) confirmation that the abbreviations I have are correct

b) confirmation of any abbreviations for units I don't have (even if the unit no longer exists; am especially interested in titles from the 1960s era before unification)

c) suggestions for any units or even subunits that I've missed - including all service battalions, MP platoons, artillery batteries, field engineer squadrons, etc. Basically, I want to catalogue, if possible, every combat short title issued in olive green.

d) scans of the actual badges are welcome, though it will be some time before I can use them - I intend to do seperate pages for each unit/corps with all insignia on a single page. God knows when I'll find the time.

Here's the ones I know off the top of my head....(please correct me if you see any errors ::))

First Hussars- 1H
Ontario Regt- ONTR
Royal Canadian Hussars- RCH
Argylls- ASH of C
Essex & Kent- E & K Scots
Lincoln & Welland- Linc Weld
Royal Hamilton Light Infantry- RHLI
The Highland Fusiliers of Canada- RHF of C

Michael, this site may help with current units.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/admmat/dglepm/badges-insignia/cadpat_shouldertitles_e.htm

Michael,

The Canadian Guards - CDN GDS - worn on combats and work dress

The long title was 1 Canadian Guards, 2 Canadian Guards,  and the Depot wore Canadian Guards. These flashes though were worn on the Khaki serge battle dress.

Hope that helps a little.

Al the best      Drummy

ps: When I get a moment(sometime in the next week ?), I'll scan my old hat badge, save it as a JPG and email it to you if you want. Oh, just reread your post and I think you wanted  scans of the shoulder titles. It's up to you.

25 Svc Bn= 25 service battalion
26 Svc Bn= 26 service battalion.... so on and so forth.

EME=electrical mechanical engineers
Log= Logistics

1CSR    1st Canadian Sigs Regt

Regards OLD F of S

Int Corps was "C Int C" and is now just "INT" or "RENS" (French).

Rocky Mountain Rangers is "RM Rang" unless something has changes in the past 25-odd years.

Acorn

We've stopped wearing "CME."   We now use "ENGINEERS" for pers posted outside a regiment.

In addition to 1 CER, there is 2 CER, 4 ESR, and 5eRGC in the regular force.

Thanks to all for the replies!  I am getting a manuscript from a fellow with over 400 seperate titles catalogued.  Much useful info in this thread, and in the PMs and emails.  I will close this topic now, but if anyone wants to send me scans from their collections, I am sure I can use them at some point on my unit insignia pages.  Thanks in advance.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back