• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Make the rain jacket waterproof?

armymen

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,
Is there a product that I can apply to the issue cadpat raincoat to make it rainproof ?

If so what you guy recommended?

Hi,
Is there a product that I can apply to the issue cadpat raincoat to make it rainproof ?

I can't believe that the issued LEAK-TEX isn't keeping you bone dry.

When in doubt... old school rules ;)

wm5-e1573772075396.jpg

Don't you think if it was meant to be rainproof they would have made it rainproof? Amazing would people expect these days.
Actually with the old old rain gear you were as wet under it as well as outside

Hi,

You should be able to find DWR sprays online, or at pretty much any outdoor store that will help. Nothing short of heavy PVC raingear like the Helly Hansen commercial fishing gear is actually waterproof.

You should be able to find DWR sprays online, or at pretty much any outdoor store that will help. Nothing short of heavy PVC raingear like the Helly Hansen commercial fishing gear is actually waterproof.
Actually, quality motorcycle raingear is both dry and breathable. The main problem areas are seams and, obviously, openings. It's a long way from the old heavy slickers where you rained sweat inside. A good waterproofing spray should help.

Hi,

Any DWR spray along with proper care and cleaning will make it bearable when static in light showers or when using it in the winter, but the materials and construction of the CADPAT rain jacket preclude it from being water proof unfortunately.

Any DWR spray along with proper care and cleaning will make it bearable when static in light showers or when using it in the winter, but the materials and construction of the CADPAT rain jacket preclude it from being water proof unfortunately.

Of course, probably because we required that it be designed to those specifications.

I'll be over here reflecting on that with my glass of wine ;)

Sad Happy Hour GIF

Take it back to stores and tell them it's N/S and get it replaced. There is no need for you to be spending your own money on damaged equipment, that probably won't work anyway. If they give you a hard time at stores, engage you CoC.

Of course, probably because we required that it be designed to those specifications.

I'll be over here reflecting on that with my glass of wine ;)

Sad Happy Hour GIF
I question who thought a head set port was required in the arm pocket. But I suppose greater minds than mine decided we needed holes in our rain gear.

Actually with the old old rain gear you were as wet under it as well as outside
I found the old stuff was great for sentry duty. As long as you didn't move around D much, you stayed dry. The new stuff breathes better and as long as you aren't standing around in the rain it functions ok.

For armyman, wash it in accordance with the directions for gore-tex, it will increase its ability to shed water. You could also try a product like this:

My Multi-Cam Arc’teryx rain gear keeps me dry…

Or learn how to use your gear?

To paraphrase an old RSM “any idiot can be uncomfortable in the field”
When I say “embrace the suck” I mean without being uncomfortable once in a while forward progression is difficult. We all were uncomfortable at one point or another BUT it taught us valuable lessons.

Ok which old RSM? I know a few. 👍🏻

Back