• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Max VOTs in a career?

cmdj1982

Reaction score
I have 13+ years in and would consider a VOT to a trade that is somewhat related to a career I wish to transition to after my 25 are done. I believe I recall that a member can have up to 2 VOTs per career. I am uncertain if this is accurate and, if so, if I still have one left in the bag or not.

My history:

2009: JOined as Reserve RMS Clerk
2016: VOT/CT to Pilot Reg F
2021: VOT to LogO

I would like to consider one more VOT in my career, but am uncertain if my CT to Pilot/RegF would count as VOT#1, or simply as a CT and my VOT to LogO is my actual VOT#1?

Anyone have an idea what the PSO might say? I'll be emailing them tomorrow once I am back with DWAN, but figure there's no harm asking here first.

Once you reach Warrant Officer (or Sea Warrant Officer) you can prestige and pick a new class without stat penalty. It'll be part of our new Universality of Service regulations in 2025.

Some of the considerations would be whether or not you have reached OFP as a LogO, and if the trade was willing to let you go. The reverse is also a consideration. If you haven't reached OFP in your current trade, you may not be an attractive candidate to a new one.

Another consideration: a VOT reverts you to Captain, with pay reversion to the Capt pay scale. You would likely sabotage your own best five years for pension purposes.

Once you reach Warrant Officer (or Sea Warrant Officer) you can prestige and pick a new class without stat penalty. It'll be part of our new Universality of Service regulations in 2025.
I'm totally picking Blackguard.

Another consideration: a VOT reverts you to Captain, with pay reversion to the Capt pay scale. You would likely sabotage your own best five years for pension purposes.
If he VOT'd to LogO two years ago, he's likely still at least a Capt.

If they VOT'd to LogO two years ago, they are likely still at least a Capt.
Fixed the pronouns for you ;)

The CT is not viewed as a VOT, as the CAF doesn't care what you did in the PRes.

If he VOT'd to LogO two years ago, he's likely still at least a Capt.
Thankfully still an Lt at this point. CTd as a Cpl in 2016 to OCdt to attend University until '21. I'm thinking more along the lines of 2-5yrs from now on pulling the trigger, so I'd still likely be Capt then.

Back