• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

May 2022: "RCMP officer facing human trafficking, animal cruelty charges"

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Reminder: The Charter says "Any person charged with an offence has the right ... to be presumed innocent until proven guilty according to law in a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal." Also, none of the allegations have been proven in court as of this post.
Photo in the article is from a Canadian Embassy in Mexico Twitter post from August 2015 (links to Google Cache version)

I think in the Headline Writer's Guide, "Serving Mountie" trumps "Former Soldier" when it comes to reporting crimes.
Unless it’s a ‘continue slaying the DND issue(s)’ type article that’s less impactful if one were to focus on an individual’s current employment. 😉

Unless it’s a ‘continue slaying the DND issue(s)’ type article that’s less impactful if one were to focus on an individual’s current employment. 😉
Maybe the author doesn't know the difference between a Guard and a Mountie 😁

"Wears Red! Potatoes Potatas!"

Serving Mountie and former CAF soldier facing human trafficking, animal cruelty charges.

I was just thinking that the uniform he is wearing in the photo is diffidently not RCMP! Grenadiers??

Here's a bigger photo. Deffo not RCMP!

The flag on the right suggests he was in some kind of Guards unit, probably not the GGFG as their collar dogs are different, but I can't identify it.

1652401774249.png

Yeah, that’s the Canadian Grenadier Guards. I wore that uniform my first summer at Ceremonial Guard. I’m reasonably confident it’s the same guy.

Yeah, that’s the Canadian Grenadier Guards. I wore that uniform my first summer at Ceremonial Guard. I’m reasonably confident it’s the same guy.
Wait, so were you part of the CGG while at CG? If not, I'm surprised that CGG or GGFG lets other regiments "borrow" their uniform for CG?

I have limited Army culture knowledge but it seems like something that regiments would get into fisticuffs over...?

Army culture? You misspelled fisticuffs ‘drunken brawl’… 😉

Oh, you have no idea....

Season 3 Neanderthal GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Wait, so were you part of the CGG while at CG? If not, I'm surprised that CGG or GGFG lets other regiments "borrow" their uniform for CG?

I have limited Army culture knowledge but it seems like something that regiments would get into fisticuffs over...?
For the summers I was there (we’re talking nearly two decades ago now), everyone coming in to the guard companies wore the uniforms and accoutrements of either CGG or the GGFG. I believe that now they wear their own units’ uniforms except when in the ceremonial order of dress (red tunic, bear skins).

Back