• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medals of Honour and/or Service

H

HighlandMedic

I was wondering, if anyone knew if Medals could be passed down to children, and hence, worn on DEU‘s when Medals are called for.
If so, where would they be worn? Is there any paperwork that needs to be involved? and is there a limit to the amount of medals you can wear that are passed down?

Thanks to those who respond.

Medals can certainly be bequeathed to children, etc.

However, to the best of my knowledge, there are no circumstances whereunder serving soldiers could wear medals they didn‘t earn themselves.

Fraternal and service organizations like the RC Legion, ANAVETS, etc. might have rules that allow descendents to wear "inherited" decorations on their association blazers. I‘m not sure.

Thanks for the info. :)
I‘ll ask up the chain of command then, best way to find out. If they don‘t know, I can always check the QR&O‘s or the SOP‘s.

Thanks Again.

Military medals can be inhereted/ passed on as keepsakes. They cannot, under any circumstances, be worn by anyone, other than the person they were awarded to, on the right, left, civvies, deu, whatever. In fact, it is against the laws to wear someone else‘s decorations. There is a move afoot by some lowlife politicians that want to wear some they inhereted as opposed to earning them. They want to change the law. The Legion is fighting it. Go to History and Heritage link on the CF homepage for info on medals and decorations. Bottom line: You didn‘t earn it, you can‘t wear it.

Back