• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical expired

Maxman1

Reaction score
I put in a memo and paperwork for a deployment (Reassurance, but I indicated I was interested in other operations), I checked my MPRR and saw my last medical was in 2017. Can I have my family doctor do the exam to get it done as soon as possible, or does it need to be a military doctor?

I put in a memo and paperwork for a deployment (Reassurance, but I indicated I was interested in other operations), I checked my MPRR and saw my last medical was in 2017. Can I have my family doctor do the exam to get it done as soon as possible, or does it need to be a military doctor?
I think the Med people are best to answer this BUT I do believe a military doc has to examine you.
OK Helmet on - when I joined the N Sask R in 1974 the local doc did the medical - he was a militia doc as well so it was good to go.

If you're Class A reserve you may have to wait until you actually receive confirmation that you are selected for the deployment. Once that happens, there will be a screening process, and your medical will be one of the items. Your unit should then contact your medical support and request a medical for you. Most RCMS facillities are only doing medicals for confirmed deployment at this time.

A few years back Class A reserves were provided with a package from the med sect to take to their doctor, have completed and returned to the med sect . If needed an appointment would be made with the member by phone or in person.

A few years back Class A reserves were provided with a package from the med sect to take to their doctor, have completed and returned to the med sect . If needed an appointment would be made with the member by phone or in person.

Did the "package" also include the funding to pay the civilian physicians to complete a third party medical (which are not covered by any provincial health insurance)?

actually, yes it did have information for billing to DND via the Med Sect the completion of the form. As the medical portion done by the persons doctor is just a checkup it is covered by provincial health care. (Ontario covers a yearly checkup). If there was any issued identified by the doctor or member, then an appointment may be made by the MO.

Back