• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Messages from Newfoundlanders serving onboard HMCS Fredericton

Nfld Sapper

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
MODS if this is not the right sub-board please move.

Messages from Newfoundlanders serving onboard HMCS Fredericton

The Telegram

Holiday greetings and messages appear below from Newfoundlanders serving onboard HMCS Fredericton currently deployed in the Gulf of Aden and Arabian Sea conducting counter-piracy operations.
“We have over 50 Newfoundlanders serving onboard for this deployment, from all over the province,” says Lt.(N) Brian Owens, public affairs officer onboard HMCS Fredericton. “They are a very proud group.”
“Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my family, friends and to all Newfoundlanders alike. Coming to you from HMCS Fredericton patrolling in the Gulf of Aden.” —  Petty Officer 2nd Class Shawn Carroll (Curling, Corner Brook).
“Merry Christmas and a joyous New Year to my family and friends back home in Pacquet. A special happy holidays to my mom and dad, I will see you this summer. Love Rex.” — Petty Officer 2nd Class Rex Burton (Pacquet).
“Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to my family and friends back home in Burin, especially my mom and dad and my sisters and brothers. Love and best wishes, Terry.” — Petty Officer 1st Class Terry Butler (Burin).
“I would like to take this opportunity to wish my Mom in Ramea and all my friends and relatives scattered over Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and Alberta a very Merry Christmas and all the best for a Happy and Prosperous New Year. See most of you in May.” — Petty Officer 1st Class George MacDonald (Ramea).
“I’d like to wish my family in Lord’s Cove, especially my mom and my brothers and sisters on the Burin Peninsula, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope to see all of you during Lord’s Cove’s 2010 ‘Come Home Year’ celebrations.” — Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class Harry Fitzpatrick (Lord’s Cove).
“Merry Christmas to my family and friends back home in Port aux Basques.” — Able Seaman Tasha Durnford (Port aux Basques).
“Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my family in Corner Brook, especially my grandmothers Doris Cross and Mary House and my Aunt Carolyn and Austin Hayes. Merry Christmas as well to my Aunt Leslie Cross and Duke Newhook in St. John’s. Love you all.” — Sub-Lt. Ian Cross (Corner Brook).
“I would like to wish all my family, from Mom and the rest of the Butts in Carbonear, to the Bickfords of Lance Cove, the Staggs of Bareneed, the Coles of Victoria, the Dewars of Greely, Ont., and the Coles and Butts of Mainsail Drive in Topsail, a very Merry Christmas and a joyous New Year, filled with dreams and accomplishments. A special hug and kiss to my niece and nephew, Victoria and Andrew in Topsail and my nephews Jacob and Ryan in Greely, Ont. Uncle Shawn loves you.” — Petty Officer 1st Class Shawn Butt (Carbonear).
“To all of my family and friends in Baie Verte, the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, and the rest of Canada, have a happy holiday season!” — MS Richard Winsor (Baie Verte).
“I would like to wish everyone from the Southern Shore and the Irish Loop, especially my family and friends in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador, a Merry Christmas and a healthy and Happy New Year.” — Petty Officer 2nd Class Keith O’Brien (Bay Bulls).
“Merry Christmas to everyone back home.” — OS Jeff Boone (Baie Verte).
“Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.” — Petty Officer 1st Class Enos Skeard (Port aux Basques).
“I would like to wish all my friends and family, as well as everybody else in Newfoundland, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.” — Ordinary Seaman Rudy Walters (Gander).
“I would like to send out a special Christmas wish to my lovely wife, Stephanie and my six-month-old son Carter. This year is his first Christmas. In addition, I would like to send out Holiday Wishes to all my family and friends, especially my parents, Dean and Norma Lawrence, and my father and mother-in-law, Austin and Marie Lawrence, all of Isle aux Morts. Merry Christmas to my little brother, Jake, and brother in-law, Daniel. I wish you all a very safe and Happy Holiday season. To my wife and baby boy, I am missing you very much and wish I could be there to spend Christmas with you. I love you all and can’t wait to reunite with everyone again.” — Leading Seaman Marco Lawrence (Isle aux Morts).
“I’d like to wish all my family and friends Happy Holidays, and to Joanne, Mom, Dad, Nicole, Darryl, Nan and Pop, I miss and love you all. I wish I was there to share the holidays with you.” — Leading Seaman Doug Noseworthy (Spaniard’s Bay).
“I’d like to wish my family in Peterview, Nfld., a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.” — Leading Seaman Bev Hibbs (Peterview).
“To all of my family and friends, have a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year! Can’t wait to see ya’s.” — Petty Officer 2nd Class David Leyte (Gander Bay).
“I’d like to wish a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year to all. Many thanks for your support throughout the year.” — Petty Officer 2nd Class Velma Whelan (Conche).
“I would like to wish a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to my wife April and my two kids, Claudia and Jared, in Eastern Passage, N.S., and to all my friends and family back home at Francois, Nfld.” — Master Seaman Troy Durnford (Francois).
“I would like to wish my family and friends in Halifax and Codroy Valley, Nfld., a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.” — Sgt. Michael Gallant (Codroy Valley).
“Wishing all my family and friends back home in Newfoundland and my wife, Belinda, and daughter, Erica, in Porter’s Lake, N.S., a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.” — Master Seaman Edward Rideout (Valley Pond).
“I would like to send Christmas greetings to all of the Pryor family in Spaniard’s Bay as well as the Hatchers in Burgeo.” — Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class Byron Pryor (Spaniard’s Bay).
“I would like to send a Christmas greeting to my mother, Elaine Paul, in New-Wes-Valley and my father, Maurice Paul, in Long Island. Also, a Merry Christmas to all my friends and family in Newfoundland.” — Leading Seaman Darrin Paul (Wesleyville).
“I am coming straight from HMCS Fredericton in the Gulf of Aden. I am one of the newest members to the ship and currently the youngest onboard. During this time, I would like to send Season Greetings to my mother, Karen, father, Baxter, sister, Micaela, grandmother, Edith, grandfather, Eli, and my wonderful daughter, Ivy Jade, and to all family and friends and to all military families with loved ones deployed on such a special season. Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year to New-Wes-Valley.” — Ordinary Seaman Mitch Stokes (Badger’s Quay).

Navygreetings.jpg

Front row: MS Alec Murphy (Grand Falls); PO2 Wally Bennet (Labrador City); MS Jason Letto (Lanse Au Clair); PO1 Terry Butler (Burin); CPO2 Harry Fitzpatrick (Lord’s Cove); LS Connie Hawkins (Brigus); LS Gregory Laing (Carbonear); AB Mike Power (St John’s); AB Emily Walsh (Fleur-De-Lys); LS Mitchell Sheppard (Deer Lake); OS Mitch Stokes (Badger’s Quay); LS Edward Duggan (Chapel’s Cove); MS Mathew Matchim (Sandy Cove); PO2 Velma Whelan (Conche); PO2 Rex Burton (Pacquet); LS Michael Kennedy (St. Lawrence); PO1 Sean Kelly (Grand Falls); CPO2 Byron Pryor (Spaniard’s Bay); PO2 Shawn Carroll (Curling, Corner Brook); LS Bev Hibbs (Peterview); LS Darrin Paul (Wesleyville). Middle row: (PO1 Shawn Butt (Carbonear); MS Edward Rideout (Valley Pond); Lt.(N) Glenn Russell (St. John’s); LS Douglas Noseworthy (Spaniard’s Bay); LS Wally Dominix (Little Bay East); LS Curtis Penton (Gander Bay); PO2 Nelson Lillington (Isle aux Morts); MS Chad Fewer (Marystown); LS Adam Cook (Port aux Basques); PO2 Todd Wall (Codroy Valley); AB Tasha Durnford (Port aux Basques); PO1 George MacDonald (Ramea); Sgt. Michael Gallant (Codroy Valley); MWO Al Cahill (Freshwater); MS Troy Durnford (Francois); OS Rudy Walter (Gander); OS Jeff Boone (Baie Verte); LS Marco Lawrence (Isle aux Morts); PO1 Kaye Brake (Fogo). Third row: MS Phil Edwards (Lawn); PO1 Enos Skeard (Port aux Basques); Slt. Ian Cross (Cornerbrook); MS Richard Winsor (Baie Verte); PO2 Jonathan Allen (Port aux Basques); PO1 Lionel Thomas (Musgravetown, Bonavista Bay); PO2 Keith O’Brien (Bay Bulls); LS Kerry Douglas (Hermitage); PO2 Derrick Kelloway (St. John’s); MS Geoff Whitten (Paradise); PO2 David Leyte (Gander Bay); Christopher Martin (Port aux Choix). Missing from photo: Lt. (N) Jennifer Gosse (Mount Pearl); OS Chad Peddle (New Perlican); Slt. Jeremy Hancott (Gander Bay). — Photo by Cpl. Peter Reed, HMCS Fredericton

Back