• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military's diversity, inclusion efforts plagued by shortcomings: internal review

Maybe I was too harsh, I just find it really insulting to suggest leaving your family behind as a solution to sky high housing prices.
Oh you weren't. I'm just saying that this post wasn't the RCAF's doing.

I think that would have the opposite effect and would be one more thing to cause division between groups.
Oh absolutely. I wasn’t taking the “PUSSER” medal suggestion seriously... pretty sure it was suggested in sarcasm 😉

Awarding people a medal simply for putting up with an in humane amount of nonsense wouldn’t help our recruiting efforts, no.

Back in 1969, and I've posted this before, CF Training Command Headquarters (CFTCHQ) in Winnipeg owned all the schools, including the Combat Arms School in Borden and the School of Artillery in Shilo. The plan was that the following year these two schools would amalgamate in Gagetown as the Combat Arms School under Mobile Command. The whole 1970 CF realignment in Canada and Germany was going to be very expensive and there was much angst among the grownups. A pair of long permanent-in-rank staff officers in CFTCHQ - a major and a captain - came up with something called the Dependents Re-Alignment Programme, in which on posting, the computer would identify a set of dependents in the new location, and the member would be assigned them as family for the duration. The same thing would be done with his real family back in CFB Wherever. It was all bull roar, of course, but these two guys got bought lots of beer, and regaled many a mess gathering recounting how the initial reaction of most GOFOs on being briefed was overwhelmingly positive.

Oh absolutely. I wasn’t taking the “PUSSER” medal suggestion seriously... pretty sure it was suggested in sarcasm 😉

Awarding people a medal simply for putting up with an in humane amount of nonsense wouldn’t help our recruiting efforts, no.

Moi? Sarcasm? :)

Moi? Sarcasm? :)
Shocked Patrick Stewart GIF

Oh I got the sarcasm right off the bat, much appreciated :)

I'm just wondering...was Kirkhill's comment meant as dry sarcasm? :unsure:

Dry sarcasm? That would be, like, the hydrogen bomb of sarcasm.

I'll have to get studying ;)

I think it’s time MPC, along with L1s look hard at which position can be worked from remotely. This would alleviate a lot of the issues wrt housing if people could stay put instead of moving. It is too bad... I expected them to do that exercise within the last year to implement this APS. Instead, it’s a case-by-case basis approved by L1s....

I think it’s time MPC, along with L1s look hard at which position can be worked from remotely.
I would be surprised if most of the staff positions in our organization can't be done remotely. Go into base for CSNI if necessary.

Back