• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

More "Army" in Army Cadets (combat training, etc.)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sgt O`Hara
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manpower is not an issue at all for this type of thing. Its allocating what manpower they have now.

Thank-you, Intelligere :) I‘d be interested to hear the outcomes as well...

Daniel,

It is a manpower issue though...we have a specific MOC to work with cadets...it‘s hard to justify posting someone to JUST work with a cadet corps, what officers would we take? They aren‘t trained to work with youth, and I‘ve heard of officers and NCM‘s leaving the forces for getting posted to NDHQ and RCSU....if someone joins the Reg Force, it probably isn‘t to work with 12 year olds...

CH

This is O‘Hara I am the person who started this topic because i and hundreds of other cadets would like to see the Army Cadets shooting a weapon like the FN rifle or other 303calibre weapons and also do some sort of patroling with like a combat scenario sort of thing so please reply with a YES or a NO
Thank you very much!

No

O‘Hara, apparently you failed to read all the threads pointing why Cadets shouldent do combat training, an how it is illegal

you guys arent the HitlerJugend, you dont need combat training

O‘Hara
If you are interested in a yes/no question instead of an interesting discussion, why don‘t you set up a poll instead.

Yeah heres some "military training"-

Have them fill out a next of kin form over and over again. Thats real "military training".

exciting military tasks for cadets (see above)? Sure, why not.

Shooting weapons? No. The FN C1 doesn‘t exactly fire a small calibre, and its not .303 . Not exactly target shooting rifle calibers either...

The FN has put many a Bruise and Blemish on Grown Man

What exactly Will that Do to A Pre-Teen/ Teen Cadet?

"When I hold that gun I feel like how God must feel...when he‘s holding a gun."-Homer

No. You‘re going to have to deal with the fact that cadets are cadets and not members of JTF2. This is the way it is, and the way it should be.

Wait they arent? HEY THATS AN IDEA!!!

A new cadet league!!! If they get consent from their parents they can attend meetings at dweyer hill for "combat training"....and the child soldier thing wont apply because the government will deny their very existance!!!! Brilliant!!

Canadian Corps of Space Ninja special forces Cadets....Please make the age limit 30 so I can come down too!!

That wasnt an attack. Thats pretty clever. And theres a dark secret about law enforcement pal. Theres nice cops and then theres the cops who go in when someone wont listen to the nice ones.

Im a "break glass in case of emergency type". I also think you need to factor in the internet Ahole mulitplier. I cant say whatever I want at work but I can on the internet. I said I wouldnt be a prick. I made a joke. I believe I said I also wanted to apply for my dream cadet corps as well.

PS. I am NOT a huge hit with the citizens but I do MY job well.

Thats cute. I bet your coworkers love you. Im saddened by the prospect of us not being friends.

No offence WetGrunt.
But have already broken the agreement you made when you registered to the forum. Guess you did‘nt read it?

No profanity in the Army Cadet forum.

Combat training should not be given to cadets if they want to recieve combat training they should join the Military when they reach the age to do so.

I mean the minimum age is 16. Thats pretty young.(Reserves) If you love cadets accept Cadets for what it is. If you want combat sign the line when you are 16. I think its pretty cut and dry. Im not sure which "profanity" you are alluding to....

I‘m a bit puzzled. I guess I‘ve been away from the cadet corps for a while. Don‘t the sea cadet on Vancouver island still fire their FNs at The Ceremony of the Flags? http://www.tourismvictoria.com/Content/EN/1097.asp

My vote is a yes for firing weapons. Doing it in a controlled situation under qualified instructors teaches more respect for the weapon that shooting at cans out on the back porch does.

But I‘m a no for combat training. Firing a weapon at a target for points is one thing. Teaching the attitude necessary to fire a weapon at a live enemy is far different.

Yes for survival, yes for radio communication, yes for parachuting.

What about something from the engineers? Those skills are not necessarily combative, and are good to have.

Also, can anyone who has access to DND law books take a look for something involving petitions? I seem to recall that petitions can be held as an intent to mutiny, and should never be used for any reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back