• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

More "Army" in Army Cadets (combat training, etc.)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sgt O`Hara
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Daniel:
[qb] No profanity in the Army Cadet forum. [/qb]
I thought you wanted "military training"???
:D

I still dont see any profanity.

I‘ve never supported petitions....cadets isn‘t a democracy. I‘m all for fair treatment, and if you have an idea, etc, by all means, write it out, pass it up the chain of command. Mutiny = bad (although cadets can‘t really be charged).

Sea Cadets fire blank rounds at the Ceremony of the Flags from Lee Enfields and 3 Field Guns...I believe the army cadets do soemthing similar (feu de joie, or something like that), save the field guns. There are for ceremonies, are fired under strict command, and god help the cadet who so much as thinks about doing anything else with the blank rounds.

CH

To add:

I‘m all for Radio Communications, I‘d like to see the army side actually do some certification....on the Sea Side, you usually have the opportunity to get your Restricted Operators Certificate (Maritime), which is ncie to have :)

I am for shooting live rounds, in a controled setting. But going out on "patrol" would be a good idea. Not with live rounds but with modified paint ball guns. My dad told me of stories when he was in Cadets, they did use modified paint ball guns, modified in a way that the shot would travel between 150-200 feet per second, meaning no big welts from getting hit.

Very much doubt that will happen....the old DCdt‘s (Col. Ambler) wrote an article in one of the issues of Cadence on paintball -- it simply doesn‘t have to do with the aims of the movement...and it‘s also a matter of CYA (Cover your...bum).

All it takes is one kids parent (and most units have this one parent) to make a big snag because Jonny got shot in the eye because Jonny was stupid and not wearing eye protection, and well...think about the big picture if something like that happens...there isn‘t much of an upside to it, the downside counters it.

CH

The FN has put many a Bruise and Blemish on Grown Man

What exactly Will that Do to A Pre-Teen/ Teen Cadet?
at thirteen i live fired both the c1 & c2 with no bruises.........guess i was smart enough to adjust the gas regulator

Ah, yes the trusty ole C1. I sometimes used to get ‘rifle cheek‘ but not normally. I also used to shoot an Aussie L1A1 rifle, and later purchased an OPP 8L C1 in Toronto in 1987, and shot them frequently for target and competiton out west. Sold em all to come down here for complete and entire fresh new start.

In Australia, I sure miss not only shooting such a fine rifle, but miss owning one too. One must have a special licence to own such things now, and for the average guy, its an imposibility.

Australian Army Cadets here do not shoot period, although some introductry F88 shoots do happen under close one on one supervison, and with the ‘single shot‘ lock out engaged (semi only).

FATS or WTSS as its called here, and .22LR F88T‘s are also used for trg (not for cadets).

Cadets get DP F88s, and these rifles are de-milled to such a degree, the only operating thing is the sling swivels.

Hence only for drill. Yet they are as controlled as a regular rifle is. Thats just how it is.

Cheers,

Wes

Combat training - no, for all of the good reasons given in previous posts.
Military training - yes. I‘m all for putting the "Army" back into Army Cadets.

Military training...hmmm...

~well, theres drill, lots of drill :D

~you could probably learn good standards for dress and deportment,

~maybe allow cadets to learn first aid from St Johns for free, (not necessarily military-oriented, do they do this anywhere)

~Perfect the art of memo writing,

basically all of the fun non-combat stuff you can master before/if joining the forces.

--> Drill, yes :) Standard varies corps to corps though, depending on the quality of their officers/seniors cadets.

--> Deportment/Dress, same as above.

--> I know on the see side, all TG2 (...CL I think would be the closest Equiv) are trained and certified with Standard First Aid. On MedA, we did Enhanced Standard (All modules, including all the Military ones).

--> This is taught I believe, on the army side (or I saw it in the reference book, anyway....I learned to write them on the Sea side, but it isn‘t in the Sea training). I believe it‘s taught on the air side as well. So Sea might be the ones not teaching this.

All it takes is one kids parent (and most units have this one parent) to make a big snag because Jonny got shot in the eye because Jonny was stupid and not wearing eye protection, and well...think about the big picture if something like that happens.
What happened to permission slips and good old common sense?

Ok you people arnt very smart ,keep on the swubject ok i want to shoot lets say the fn or the c7 or even the c11(special c7 made for cadet use) So please JUST write what you think about that. :sniper:

I don‘t know about other cadet corps, but I‘ve taken our own cadets on to our SAT range a couple times, so they‘ve gotten to handle a C7, C9, and C6. Might not be as "cool" as live rounds, but they all seemed to enjoy it just fine. I also know that the CF DOES allow cadets to fire C7‘s live as long as certain procedures are followed. For example, no more than 5 rounds in a mag, only single shots, and there has to be 1 reserve or regforce DS staff for every 3 cadets firing. If you want to do any of these things, it‘s up to you and your chain of command. Your best resource is your local armories. If the CO of your corps wants to, and has sufficient funding, he can get on the phone to one of the regiments there and they can either open up the SAT range for you or arrange some kind of live range on a weekend. The SAT range is probably the cheapest option because you‘ll only be paying for 1-2 personnel to run the range, and about 2 cents per round fired. Submit a memo up your chain of command and see what happens.

As to doing patrols with paintball guns as was suggested earlier....when I was a cadet we did get to that. With todays kinder, gentler, and safer army, I doubt it‘ll be allowed.

"Ok you people arnt very smart ,keep on the swubject"

Listen kid, before you start judging the relative intelligence of members of this board, you might want to learn to spell and use correct punctuation. As to the smarmy nature of your post, the people on this forum have given you an answer: it is, overall, NO. If you don‘t want them to discuss the issue, set up a freaking poll next time. If you want to do "combat training" so badly, then wait until you‘re old enough to shave, and then join the CF. I‘d love to have you as a student on one of my courses: I guarantee that you‘d change that attitude pretty quickly.

SAT = Small arms trainer. It‘s a $60,000 video game with real weapons hooked into it.

you‘re a QYRANG cadet? I didn‘t know they had cadets. as long as I know you guys don‘t have a SAT range in your armrories, but there‘s one in Moss Park.

Yep, actually, we have 2 cadet corps, 337 in TO and 2799 in Aurora.
I‘m the captain of the rifle team of 337.
Would it be too much of a nuisance if our CO tried to book a session with SAT down at Moss Park?

shouldn‘t be a problem. I added your address on MSN, talk to me there if you need more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back