• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mounting new bayonet onto tac vest HELP!!!

idunno1987

Inactive
Reaction score
Hehe, well my dads going overseas in two days....and hes just prepping some of the stuff now....and....well this new bayonet was obviously not meant for the old style frog....and on his kit list it says it goes on the left side large pouch of the tac vest....so...i was just wondering how would you mount it....thanks in advance :)

Simple....Your dad needs to go to CQ/Clothing/RQ and get the new style forg for the new Bayonet

Firstly, I agree with BulletMagnet... the new bayonet requires the new frog.

Secondly, if you look at the TacVest, you'll see some straps on the left side above the large mag pouch. Mount the bayonet in a horizontal fashion with the handle pointed forward. This will not only make it easy to draw, but will prevent you from being high centered while in the prone position. The mounting is intuitive once you look at the vest for a couple of moments. The other option is to ask at the unit.

MM

You get a tan tacvest in theatre, if he's going to be wearing it alot, I'd wait and get it all set up once he's over there.

Back