• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My Story

Impromtu

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello there, This is my personal story

It had always been my dream to be in the army and when I turned 16 I started to make that dream come true. I had never thought about any other career, it had always been the army, and when my school went to a place essentially meant for universities to give out pamphlets. I got talking to the folks at the army display and found out there was an information session the next day. So me and two of my buddies went down and picked up our forms and started at it. We all handed them in on the same day and all got the call for the CFAT on the same day and we all went to do it at the same time. Originally we were being recruited for a signals unit but one of my buddies didn't do well enough to qualify for it so his only choice was Artillery, which we all wanted originally so we all chose that occupation. The man at the recruitment center said we would all be on the same course for basic. next up was the fitness test, me and one of my buddies took it on the same day, my other friend missed the call. We both passed no problem, then came the medical. One of my buddies turned out to almost be half deaf and have more problems then you can count on two hands, the other one was alright. Unfortunately the one who passed hadn't yet taken the fitness test and is losing intrest by the day. I am having my enrollment ceremony next week (reserves) and I start my course three days later, and my friend has still yet to make an appointment for his fitness test and will not end up on the same course as me. Out of the three of us I think I will be the only one making it in. I've been waiting for next week since I was 3 years old, talk about an awesome Christmas present! I am very excited to be a part of the Candian Forces and plan to persue a career in it after I graduate. The whole process was quick and painless and only took about a month.

Cheers,
Dylan

Thats great to hear man. I started my application for the infantry reserves in oct and it took a month to finish. So now im just waiting for a call to get sworn in. They said i should probably make the summer BMQ so im really looking forward to that. Well anyways good luck on your BMQ course  :salute:

Congrats! Im jealous. I want to apply right now, but Im going to wait until I'm finished highschool. Good luck! :)

Back