• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

But the Argentinians based it on the TAM chassis, which they've also used for a number of other vehicles.  Not too many of the SPG version apparently, only 8 devided up between two units, according to my Argentine sources.

Can anyone name this vehicle?  :rofl:

BicycleBazoka.jpg

Mortar Self-Propelled, Godless Communist for the Use of;

Sory but given the nature of the picture I thought it only fair that I hijack the thread and try to fly it to Cuba.

xFusilier said:
Mortar Self-Propelled, Godless Communist for the Use of;

Sorry but given the nature of the picture I thought it only fair that I hijack the thread and try to fly it to Cuba.

Thats ok, not like it was a serious post.  I got to admit i don't actually know what army that is.  :-[  Funny pic though. ;D

Co-ax lase......target moving right in open ON.....

Adrian_888 said:
Thats ok, not like it was a serious post.  I got to admit i don't actually know what army that is.  :-[  Funny pic though. ;D

Looks like something out of the Balkans

The operators/observers' seat in the front is WAY to comfy looking...but I would be thankful for the basket to hold my kit  :D

NDP's suggestion for a new stealth recce vehicle for the CF, personally endorsed by Jack

It is a deadly picture isnt it? Just doesnt quite have the intimidation factor that most military vehicles achieve.
Anyone have any idea on my picture yet? Or is just going to be left alone?

Is that the digital pattern the American's experimented with in the 70's? Or am I in completly the wrong decade?

i could put up another photo if you like. The vehicle itself is very distintive though and i dont want to give it away. I know its not a very detailed shot and it doesnt give a whole lot of details but there must be a couple of people out there who can pick it just from what they can see there.

Is it a Unimog?

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/images/AIR_CH-47_Australian_Unimog_From_HMAS_Kanimbla.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/trucks_transport/index.php%3Foffset%3D30&h=183&w=135&sz=6&hl=en&start=3&tbnid=q9JInE5ZoqAMtM:&tbnh=102&tbnw=75&prev=/images%3Fq%3Daustralian%2Barmy%2Btransport%2Btruck%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial_s%26hs%3DZqh%26sa%3DN

On Page 5

Edit: add page number

Spot on, Australian Army UniMog. Taken last week from the back of a Land Rover Defender. Most tarps on the back of vehicles are the digitalised cam. I dont know how long we've had it but it seems to work pretty well.

WOW! Ok i'm completly stunned I got that, see civi's can play this game too :p

I actually thought that that would stump people for a little while. So far i havent put up a photo that done that though. Its sad :crybaby:

PS. Well done, it was a good pick on your behalf to get that

Hale, first thing we do when you post a photo is go through the ORBat of the Aus army and work our way out from there ;)

Back