• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Naval Combat Dress (NCD) uniform [Merged]

Suspenders are the key to the NECUs.

Just like combats. Make your life comfortable.

I get weird looks until I let someone use of my spares...

There is a current unclas message out, from June this year, stating that:

"THE QUOTE LINER, JACKET, BUOYANCY AID UNQUOTE, NSN LISTED BELOW IN
PARA 5, COMMONLY REFERRED TO AS THE FLOATER JACKET FLEECE, HAS BEEN
TESTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH REF B, CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE AT REF C.
LINER, JACKET, BUOYANCY AID
CAN BE CONSIDERED A SECOND LAYER FOR THE PURPOSES OF ACTION DRESS AS
IDENTIFIED AT REF D SECTION
8.7.12 - DRESS REQUIREMENTS PARA 3"

It says later in the message that they are updating the dress regs to reflect it, and then the standard "this message will self-destruct in ...."

The link is here, but only works on the DWAN: http://msg-server.halifax.mil.ca/messages/all/2023/jun/2023163000228.html
What is Ref B?

As far as I know from talking to the folks responsible for the new uniform none of it was fire tested, and they just called up material standards (which is fine).

For ref this is the ASTM F1930 manneqin test the previous NCDs we done to, some years after entering service. That included old uniforms that had been returned after getting soaked in fuel, which were washed then used. They did fine.

What is Ref B?

As far as I know from talking to the folks responsible for the new uniform none of it was fire tested, and they just called up material standards (which is fine).

For ref this is the ASTM F1930 manneqin test the previous NCDs we done to, some years after entering service. That included old uniforms that had been returned after getting soaked in fuel, which were washed then used. They did fine.

Here's the REFs portion of the message:

SUBJ: DONNING OF FLOATER JACKET FLEECE DURING DAMAGE CONTROL EVENTS
REFS: A. MY 211830Z JAN 19 SUBJ: DONNING OF FLOATER JACKET FLEECE
DURING DC EVENTS
B. NATIONAL FIRE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (NFPA) 2112: STANDARD ON
FLAME-RESISTANT CLOTHING FOR PROTECTION OF INDUSTRIAL PERSONNEL
AGAINST SHORT-TERM DURATION EXPOSURES FROM FIRE
C. CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE DATED 22 DECEMBER 2017
D. SHIPS STANDING ORDERS (SSOS) AL 11

My unit has told me I will be getting the NECU however I will have to order them from supply, which will take a few months to get.. it's a good thing I still have CADPAT otherwise i'd be in Civi's or S&P's.

Back