• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NCIOP to Information Management Director

Microsung

Inactive
Reaction score
I apologize before hand if anything here has been asked before.

I am applying to become an NCIOP in the Naval Reserves and am wondering if becoming an Information Management Director required University education?

The reason I am asking this is because currently I am in University, and I am considering a career in the Forces after graduating. If it doesn't require a university degree, but just hard work, dedication and merit than I am all for that too.

On a side not, if I end up switching to full time can I switch careers and become an officer, such as MARs or Intelligence, to make use of my education? I cannot become an officer now because my school is conflict with summer BMOQ courses and, a personal flaw of mine, have grown inpatient after several years of waiting. So I jumped the gun and decided to start my career as an NCM.

Thank you for reading,
Microsung

Microsung said:
I apologize before hand if anything here has been asked before.

I am applying to become an NCIOP in the Naval Reserves and am wondering if becoming an Information Management Director required University education?

The reason I am asking this is because currently I am in University, and I am considering a career in the Forces after graduating. If it doesn't require a university degree, but just hard work, dedication and merit than I am all for that too.

On a side not, if I end up switching to full time can I switch careers and become an officer, such as MARs or Intelligence, to make use of my education? I cannot become an officer now because my school is conflict with summer BMOQ courses and, a personal flaw of mine, have grown inpatient after several years of waiting. So I jumped the gun and decided to start my career as an NCM.

Thank you for reading,
Microsung

An Information Management Director is a position in a ship. There are typically two - a Lt(N) MARS Officer and a PO1 NCI OP. To become the former, you require a degree, a BWK, NOPQ, and the IMD course. To become the latter, you're required to be a QL6B qualified NCI OP employed in the IMD position.

Back