• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NCM Army Reserves to ROTP

REMF

Reaction score
Hello,

I joined the Army Reserves a few months ago as a NCM and I really enjoy it while doing FTSE. I also, just entered my first year of university. I will be going to BMQ over the weekends within this month.

I have been looking to this RegF and I want to do ROTP. I have a few questions:

1.) I will apply to ROTP and start doing this plan in my second year. How many years would I have to serve afterwards?

2.) The trades I want are: LogO (any element), Communication Electronics Engineering Officer, Intelligence Officer. How hard would it be to get in one of these trades?

3.) I am from Ottawa and I really love the city, within the trade I want would I be able to stay in Ottawa?

4.) How would I make the switch from Reserves non-BMQ to RegF ROTP?

Hello,

I joined the Army Reserves a few months ago as a NCM and I really enjoy it while doing FTSE. I also, just entered my first year of university. I will be going to BMQ over the weekends within this month.

I have been looking to this RegF and I want to do ROTP. I have a few questions:

1.) I will apply to ROTP and start doing this plan in my second year. How many years would I have to serve afterwards?

2.) The trades I want are: LogO (any element), Communication Electronics Engineering Officer, Intelligence Officer. How hard would it be to get in one of these trades?

3.) I am from Ottawa and I really love the city, within the trade I want would I be able to stay in Ottawa?

4.) How would I make the switch from Reserves non-BMQ to RegF ROTP?
1) Depends on the trade. For example I'm familiar with Pilot and Int. Pilot is 17 years , Int is 13. Keep in mind the first 4 years of this contract is your university time.

2) intelligence extremely competitive, other two are somewhat less so. Keep in mind this will always be fluctuating based on current recruitment requirements.

3) Of all your listed options, int is far more likely to spend a good chunk of your career in Ottawa.

4) I'm not familiar with this process but I'd assume you'd need to speak with both your reserve unit and the closest CFRC, make sure everyone is on the same page.

1) Depends on the trade. For example I'm familiar with Pilot and Int. Pilot is 17 years , Int is 13. Keep in mind the first 4 years of this contract is your university time.

2) intelligence extremely competitive, other two are somewhat less so. Keep in mind this will always be fluctuating based on current recruitment requirements.

3) Of all your listed options, int is far more likely to spend a good chunk of your career in Ottawa.

4) I'm not familiar with this process but I'd assume you'd need to speak with both your reserve unit and the closest CFRC, make sure everyone is on the same page.
Thanks for the reply.

I really want to do LogO or Communication Electronics Engineering Officer.

I did the CFAT, but I don't think I scored high enough for the Officer trades I want. Do you know if I can take it again/how many times?

What is your trade?

Back