• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NCM Trade job requirements inquiry

baconk2

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could provide some insight regarding job descriptions and possible duties for NCM. I am currently applying for AC op and was wondering if I would or could ever be asked to perform duties outside my trade description. I.E. If I was on deployment could I be asked or required to provide infantry support, or more generally asked to perform duties that were not apart of the training for my trade?

Thank you for your experience and guidance

Generally, you will be employed within your trade. As part of that training you will receive some weapons training which, depending on where you are deployed you may have to put to use to carry weapons and to be prepared to use them. That said, are you likely to be dragged off to conduct an infantry assault? No, you are not. You will not have the training to do that effectively. However, if you are somewhere and the situation has turned so bad that you and all your crew are turned out with rifles and machine guns to defend a new perimeter from an advancing horde within the scope of your prior training, you can be certain that the alternative choices may be far worse than not participating. Set your mind at ease, you will be trained and employed as an AC Op, and not treated as a spare infantry soldier.

Thank you Michael O'Leary for your prompt response. I figured as much. However, I was only concerned as I was told different by a military family member and wanted clarification on the subject.

Back