• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Necroposting - Not always a bad idea

Vell said:
Ironically, since everything after the first two pages
of the Navy.ca Admin forums are more than 4 years old, I did not bother using search for this topic
(I just read all the topics since there are not many).
  [highlights and Navy.ca my edit]

Too often, new people to the site mention the same  comment you've expressed. We can not speak to other online sites, but the knowledge and experience of members on this site attracts many new and often uniformed people who join to simply satisfy a Q&A.
If talking about the CAF was so easy, this privately owned site would serve no purpose, but as an unofficial RCL.  [:p

Read the old threads. Yes the necro warning is just that, a caution. If you have a valid question on that topic, then that is most likely the best place to ask it. *shrug* At least you are demonstrating your desire to know more about your question, the DS won't mind so much moving it if needed, mentors may be more available and your query will add to the value of the site for others looking for answers.

Could the warning message be updated with more detail and/or a link to this sticky be included in the warning message?

When I was a newer user I also thought it would be better to create a new thread/vice posting in older topics because of the warning message.

I've moved the warning from 200 days to 365, I guess we'll see how that works out. The message is hard coded in the forums, so all I can do is disable it completely or move it out a bit further.

Back