• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need advice please

mkn112

Inactive
Reaction score
I was recently merit listed for a certain trade and i did get a lot of responses to it but i am needing advice on what i should do in order to persue a dream of serving my country.. The steward trade is where i am merit listed for and have artillery as second.. I have not been given a update interview and in fact not told them to add that for sure to file.. I guess what i am trying to get at is i was told wait it out for steward that there is a course starting in september and u should hear soon ( by end of april ) to what is goin on.. But i am trying to rack my head about adding more trades in hopes that one of them wiill open up but then recruiters told me wait it out trust me.. but not in those exact words.
So thats why i am turning to this board in hopes of getting advice on what i should be doing but i know ultimately its up to me but ...
cheers
mkn

If you want Steward, then wait.  There's no point in adding trades just to get in.  If you search the boards, several people have been advised not to ask for a trade that they don't want to do for X number of years in the hopes that they can transfer to a different trade sometime down the road.  Not to mention, IIRC, you can only have three trade choices.

I would think you stand a chance of getting in sooner for Steward than for Artillery.  You're already merit listed, just be patient.  If the course is not until September, they will probably try to load you on a BMQ that finishes just before then, so you're not sitting around on PRETC waiting.

I think you pretty much asked the same question here:  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/17026/post-1032846.html#msg1032846           

I am still trying to figure out what merit listing means. Does it mean ranked nationally, provincially.. means when trades opens i am in ? Sorry for all this questions and postings but its a dream of mine since i was a kids and been doing this for 14 months now and just want to hear your in. So i guess if i understand merit listing more it might give me a better understanding....of my future and the whole waiting game as they call it.
mkn

Is anyone going through a CT?? I called my RC today and she never heard of a merit list but said i was first in line for my trade? so would that be it???

Coynemachine said:
Is anyone going through a CT?? I called my RC today and she never heard of a merit list but aid i was first in line for my trade? so would that be it???

A couple of things A/Slt:

1.  This is not a Recruiting matter.  You are already a cadet and in the CF and performing a Component Transfer.  Try the Component Transfer Threads.

2.  You are posting like an illiterate person who got their Diploma from a box of Cracker Jacks.  If you can't take the time to spell properly, then perhaps you could take the time to hit the "Spell Check" button two buttons to the right of the "Post" button before you post.

3.  If you are doing a CT, you do not do it through the CFRC.......or are you someone who is NOT IN THE CF already?

4.  You are attracting a lot of negative attention with your posts.  (An understatement.)

Sorry about that, recruiting and transferring are 2 different things, I'll take my questions to the appropriate forums, did not mean to cause any anxiety among people who are excited to get on/start their career in the military.

Back