• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Armor Brigade Rotates to the ROK

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
Rather than permanently base a unit in Korea the plan is to rotate a unit in and out of the country. Lots of good things come from this.

https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/new-rotational-brigade-begins-transition-to-south-korea-with-equipment-arrival-1.618538

I went to Seoul about a year & a half ago, and getting posted to Korea would honestly be awesome.  Such a great country - food was amazing, people were super genuinely friendly, great energy to the place, lots to do.  Not a bad posting at all.

I got a quick little 'bus tour' of Camp Humphreys, and it's quite the place!!  Literally feels like your in upper-class suburban America.  Has it's own decent sized shopping mall, restaurants, grocery stores, etc.  We went to a movie at the movie theatre on base, voted "Best in the Army" - and it was pretty impressive.  Felt like a new upper-end movie theatre here.

All in all - minus it raining NK artillery - pretty good posting for sure.

CBH99 said:
I got a quick little 'bus tour' of Camp Humphreys, and it's quite the place!!  Literally feels like your in upper-class suburban America.  Has it's own decent sized shopping mall, restaurants, grocery stores, etc.  We went to a movie at the movie theatre on base, voted "Best in the Army" - and it was pretty impressive.  Felt like a new upper-end movie theatre here.

That's pretty much all US bases.  Sigonella was somewhat similar but split with the Italians.  Still, the US part had the same architecture, etc as the California and Hawaii US bases.

I still get a kick out of having to stand at attention for the US national anthem prior to a movie playing.  I'm not sure if it varies by base, but the montage during the anthem is 10000% 'Murica.

daftandbarmy said:
No. Way.  :eek:

This one is USN-specific (who knew they had service-specific movie theatre national anthems?) but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bErYJtDGaJY

Back