• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Canadian Shipbuilding Strategy

Twelve surface warships does not permit power projection.
Sure it does. One warship projects power into enemy waters if not ashore.

You need big ships to go and do the business far from home. If you want to defend coastal then sure, use your mobile minefield, but don't pretend that USV's are even in the same league as a proper warship. They aren't. The inference is just ignorant of the realities and the capabilites a proper warship brings to the fight.

Javlins haven't ended the tank, and USV's won't end the warship. They are just another threat to plan for.

I still think we should be piggybacking our big ticket items with other allies. How many more years are we going are we going to let companies like Irving and others drive our agenda? Cost and time over runs and they still deliver sub par results.

I still think we should be piggybacking our big ticket items with other allies. How many more years are we going are we going to let companies like Irving and others drive our agenda? Cost and time over runs and they still deliver sub par results.
There is no such thing as an “off the shelf“ ship.

Buying offshore is not cheaper. Everyone lies about price.

If you buy off shore, 100% of your tax dollars go off shore, too. Along with the refit dollars, too.

But go ahead and believe there is an easier way.

Sure it does. One warship projects power into enemy waters if not ashore.

You need big ships to go and do the business far from home. If you want to defend coastal then sure, use your mobile minefield, but don't pretend that USV's are even in the same league as a proper warship. They aren't. The inference is just ignorant of the realities and the capabilites a proper warship brings to the fight.

Javlins haven't ended the tank, and USV's won't end the warship. They are just another threat to plan for.

"John Ivison" was all I needed to see to know it was rubbish.

There is no such thing as an “off the shelf“ ship.

Buying offshore is not cheaper. Everyone lies about price.

If you buy off shore, 100% of your tax dollars go off shore, too. Along with the refit dollars, too.

But go ahead and believe there is an easier way.
I stand corrected. Thx.

Of the shelf was wrong. I meant and should have said, add on to their their contracts. But you are right.

What do we do with the subpar performance of our internal contractors?

We wouldn't be able to anyway. Someone already sent all of our money off shore.

I stand corrected. Thx.

Of the shelf was wrong. I meant and should have said, add on to their their contracts. But you are right.

We wouldn't be able to anyway. Someone already sent all of our money off shore.
Well, the Liberals seem to be buddies with the Irvings. Perhaps they can talk them into not shitting the bed on this.

The same thing we would do about subpar performance for an international contractor; probably SFA.

A lot of the times the fault is shared, but even when it's clearly not to spec, we have a hard time getting support from PSPC, especially when things escalate up the chain.

From the Seaspan FB page
322711976_928582508300563_8391947090574089194_n.jpg

How has the work been progressing on the JSS? I read in a post a few months ago on here that a strike at Seaspan had halted construction. HAs the strike been resolved and construction resumed? Our navy needs that ship desperately.

How has the work been progressing on the JSS? I read in a post a few months ago on here that a strike at Seaspan had halted construction. HAs the strike been resolved and construction resumed? Our navy needs that ship desperately.
Strike was resolved awhile back and work continues

July update indicated 100 of 123 blocks of the first in class were substantially completed, with remaining structure to be complete by the end of the year; outfitting including cabling underway, and steel cut to begin work on the second of the class.

Back