• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Crown

Maybe so, but the RCMP has only been to Afghanistan once so I just find it weird they felt the need to specify dates when other Canadian units didn't. Many of those units, especially in the Reserve, didn't have members deployed for the entire mission but got the dateless "Afghanistan" honour anyways. I'm far from an expert.

As far as the requirements, I don't know that either.

Doesn't reference the RCMP, but this was the criteria for the CAF.

“Afghanistan” Theatre Honour​

• Units of the Royal Canadian Navy will be granted the Theatre Honour “Afghanistan” if their cumulative contribution of personnel reached a minimum of 20 per cent of the strength of the originating unit in the geographical area of Afghanistan.
  • Units of the Canadian Army will be granted the Theatre Honour “Afghanistan” if their cumulative contribution of personnel reached a minimum level of 20 per cent of the effective strength of the originating unit in the geographical area of Afghanistan.
  • Units of the Royal Canadian Air Force will be granted the Theatre Honour “Afghanistan” if they deployed within the air space of Afghanistan.
  • Units of the Canadian Special Operations Forces will be granted the Theatre Honour “Afghanistan” if they deployed within the land space of Afghanistan and their cumulative contribution of personnel reached a minimum level of 20 per cent of the effective strength of the originating unit in the geographical area of Afghanistan.

And A-AD-200-000/AG-000

It very closely resembled this:

“ In Afghanistan, the RCMP played a pivotal role in Canada’s whole of government strategic and operational thrust to prevail militarily against a virulent insurgency while concurrently confronting pressing priorities that underpinned the machinery of civil society. The RCMP deployed, enabled and led a cadre of 297 Canadian police officers over the course of the mission, of which 138 were serving members.”

Which is from a legion article explaining the RCMP guidon honours.

Folks might think they didn’t earn it. They might think they did. Doesn’t matter.

What I was suggesting is that the idea of not switching everything over at once (and having people purchase/issue new badges) could be intentional.
I understand that, and it makes sense to phase it in over time as things like Guidons get replaced...

That was the perfect time to update the RCMP crest with either the Canadian crown, or the Tudor crown. Now, if/when they update the crest the Guidon will be out of date.

I understand that, and it makes sense to phase it in over time as things like Guidons get replaced...

That was the perfect time to update the RCMP crest with either the Canadian crown, or the Tudor crown. Now, if/when they update the crest the Guidon will be out of date.
Just guessing here. But new guidon/colours takes a lot of time to get done. My suspicion is that with the RCMP 150th this year is that the guidon was created and approved while the queen was still alive. She died in fall 2022 so any major changes and new sign offs
required and a king not coronated until this past spring would have delayed things by years possibly.

Just guessing here. But new guidon/colours takes a lot of time to get done. My suspicion is that with the RCMP 150th this year is that the guidon was created and approved while the queen was still alive. She died in fall 2022 so any major changes and new sign offs
required and a king not coronated until this past spring would have delayed things by years possibly.

I was still in T division when they were doing the writing associated to the addition. That was 2017.

All these changes will again the raise the question: Should Canada become a republic?

Note, I am not republican but I am a Canadian. I understand and deeply respect the role and symbolism of the British Monarchy to Canada and its institutions, my problem is that they are not Canadian. They live in the UK and I believe that identify themselves as British, not Canadian, not Australian or any other member of the British Commonwealth. Perhaps a member of the Royal family might visit us, once of twice a year for one or two weeks. Does this give them a sense of what it is like to be a Canadian? I would be happy if a Royal member could be periodically appointed as the Governor General which would let them travel throughout the country, talk to us and get a better idea of who we are. This could strengthen the relationship between Canadian and the Monarchy.

Sorry - went off topic.

All these changes will again the raise the question: Should Canada become a republic?

Note, I am not republican but I am a Canadian. I understand and deeply respect the role and symbolism of the British Monarchy to Canada and its institutions, my problem is that they are not Canadian. They live in the UK and I believe that identify themselves as British, not Canadian, not Australian or any other member of the British Commonwealth. Perhaps a member of the Royal family might visit us, once of twice a year for one or two weeks. Does this give them a sense of what it is like to be a Canadian? I would be happy if a Royal member could be periodically appointed as the Governor General which would let them travel throughout the country, talk to us and get a better idea of who we are. This could strengthen the relationship between Canadian and the Monarchy.

Sorry - went off topic.
I kind of agree with you. I sort of figured that Harry and the little woman could fill that role but there would likely be howls from another sect in this nation.

Not a chance in hell.

They've busted their reputation and cemented themselves as attention seeking cry babies.

99.9% of the "busted reputation" comes from the Daily Mail and the sycophants in the royal household who are out to ruin them.

🍻

Back