• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New IRP / Move policy-effective Dec 01, 2017 [Merged]

think the cash cards would likely help new members who may not have a credit card that can support thousands of dollars in hotels, gas, tolls etc...  I know as a 19 year old Pte I didn't have a CC that I could have made my last move on comfortably.

My cynical side tells me it's a move to get away from mileage, meal allowances, etc. no need to just throw money at people when you can tell them to charge it to the company card. Nobody is spending the full meals or mileage when they are driving cross country, so instead of the troops pocketing the extra the government gets to keep the money. Throw in an oil change at the end of the move and I can see the government saying they have met their obligations. But that's just my cynical impression based on how things have been going lately.

WeatherdoG said:
My cynical side tells me it's a move to get away from mileage, meal allowances, etc. no need to just throw money at people when you can tell them to charge it to the company card. Nobody is spending the full meals or mileage when they are driving cross country, so instead of the troops pocketing the extra the government gets to keep the money. Throw in an oil change at the end of the move and I can see the government saying they have met their obligations. But that's just my cynical impression based on how things have been going lately.

Solution.  Cash advance. 

My understanding is that the advances are going away and everything will be added to the card, which I'm sure will have very limiting conditions on it's use.

WeatherdoG said:
My understanding is that the advances are going away and everything will be added to the card, which I'm sure will have very limiting conditions on it's use.
How do I deposit the balance of the card into my bank account?

Meal allowences arent changing so even if the member doesn't spend the entire meal expense, they should still be paid out that remaining money

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Either that or you just keep the card until the money is all gone?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

kev994 said:
How do I deposit the balance of the card into my bank account?
I imagine it will be reconciled a lot like it is now.

(Total claimable expenses) - (money spent on card) = claim paid

Currently: (total claimable expenses) - (advances) = claim paid

CANFORGEN 206/17 CMP 107/17

SUBJ: CANADIAN ARMED FORCES RELOCATION PROGRAM (CAF RP)
REFS: A: CANFORGEN 070/16 CMP 035/16 221522Z APR 16
B: CANADIAN FORCES INTEGRATED RELOCATION PROGRAM (CFIRP) DIRECTIVE
1. REF A ANNOUNCED THE ARRIVAL OF THE CAF RP UPON THE EXPIRATION OF
THE CURRENT IRP CONTRACT
2. IT WAS DETERMINED AFTER IN-DEPTH REVIEWS, CONSULTATIONS, AND
SURVEY FEEDBACK THAT SERVICE COULD BE IMPROVED BY PROVIDING GREATER
ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION WITH A MORE MODERN, INNOVATIVE SERVICE
DELIVERY MODEL
3. THE NEW CAF RP MODEL, EFFECTIVE 1 DEC 17, WILL PROVIDE GREATER
FLEXIBILITY AND INCREASED ACCESS TO RELOCATION INFORMATION THROUGH
WEB-BASED TECHNOLOGY (OFF BASES/WINGS INTO LIVING ROOMS)
4. ALTHOUGH BASE/WING BGRS REPRESENTATION WILL CEASE 30 NOV 17, THE
NEW MODEL WILL CONTINUE TO INCLUDE LIVE VIDEO (VIRTUAL FACE-TO-FACE)
INTERACTION AND LIVE CHAT ON THE SECURE WEBSITE. IN ADDITION, THE
SITE WILL OFFER INCREASED CONTROL AND ACCESS TO ALL RELOCATION
INFORMATION 24/7 FROM ANY LOCATION WITH INTERNET ACCESS
5. BENEFITS OUTLINED IN REF B WILL REMAIN THE SAME. HOWEVER,
ADVANCES TO COVER RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL BE LOADED ON TO A
DECLINING BALANCE RELOCATION CASH CARD THAT WILL BE ISSUED TO THE
MEMBER WITH THE FUNDS NEC TO CONDUCT THEIR RELOCATION. THE RELOCARD
CAN BE THE CONDUIT TO PAY FOR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS (TPSP)
SUCH AS APPRAISERS, HOME INSPECTORS, AND LAWYERS.  THE BALANCE
REMAINING ON THE RELOCARD, AFTER RECEIPTS HAVE BEEN UPLOADED AND
EXPENSES RECONCILED, CAN BE TRANSFERRED TO THE MEMBER S PERSONAL
ACCOUNT. POSTING ALLOWANCE AND T4/RL1 WILL BE ISSUED CENTRALLY BY
THE CAF
6. AS PER CANADAS DEFENCE POLICY STRONG, SECURE, ENGAGED, THIS NEW
DELIVERY MODEL AIMS TO INCREASE FLEXIBILITY BY PROVIDING A
MODERNIZED 24/7 WEB-BASED SVC DESIGNED TO GIVE CAF MEMBERS AND THEIR
FAMILIES IMPROVED RELOCATION SERVICE TO MEET THEIR CURRENT AND
FUTURE NEEDS

WeatherdoG said:

What I meant is, go to the bank machine and withdraw the funds.   

dapaterson said:
CANFORGEN 206/17 CMP 107/17

SUBJ: CANADIAN ARMED FORCES RELOCATION PROGRAM (CAF RP)
1. REF A ANNOUNCED THE ARRIVAL OF THE CAF RP UPON THE EXPIRATION OF
THE CURRENT IRP CONTRACT
2. IT WAS DETERMINED AFTER IN-DEPTH REVIEWS, CONSULTATIONS, AND
SURVEY FEEDBACK THAT SERVICE COULD BE IMPROVED BY PROVIDING GREATER
ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION WITH A MORE MODERN, INNOVATIVE SERVICE
DELIVERY MODEL
3. THE NEW CAF RP MODEL, EFFECTIVE 1 DEC 17, WILL PROVIDE GREATER
FLEXIBILITY AND INCREASED ACCESS TO RELOCATION INFORMATION THROUGH
WEB-BASED TECHNOLOGY (OFF BASES/WINGS INTO LIVING ROOMS)
4. ALTHOUGH BASE/WING BGRS REPRESENTATION WILL CEASE 30 NOV 17, THE
NEW MODEL WILL CONTINUE TO INCLUDE LIVE VIDEO (VIRTUAL FACE-TO-FACE)
INTERACTION AND LIVE CHAT ON THE SECURE WEBSITE. IN ADDITION, THE
SITE WILL OFFER INCREASED CONTROL AND ACCESS TO ALL RELOCATION
INFORMATION 24/7 FROM ANY LOCATION WITH INTERNET ACCESS
5. BENEFITS OUTLINED IN REF B WILL REMAIN THE SAME. HOWEVER,
ADVANCES TO COVER RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL BE LOADED ON TO A
DECLINING BALANCE RELOCATION CASH CARD THAT WILL BE ISSUED TO THE
MEMBER WITH THE FUNDS NEC TO CONDUCT THEIR RELOCATION. THE RELOCARD
CAN BE THE CONDUIT TO PAY FOR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS (TPSP)
SUCH AS APPRAISERS, HOME INSPECTORS, AND LAWYERS.  THE BALANCE
REMAINING ON THE RELOCARD, AFTER RECEIPTS HAVE BEEN UPLOADED AND
EXPENSES RECONCILED, CAN BE TRANSFERRED TO THE MEMBER S PERSONAL
ACCOUNT. POSTING ALLOWANCE AND T4/RL1 WILL BE ISSUED CENTRALLY BY
THE CAF
6. AS PER CANADAS DEFENCE POLICY STRONG, SECURE, ENGAGED, THIS NEW
DELIVERY MODEL AIMS TO INCREASE FLEXIBILITY BY PROVIDING A
MODERNIZED 24/7 WEB-BASED SVC DESIGNED TO GIVE CAF MEMBERS AND THEIR
FAMILIES IMPROVED RELOCATION SERVICE TO MEET THEIR CURRENT AND
FUTURE NEEDS
Thanks for the share....That clears up a lot. Cash remaining on relocard is yours to do what you need to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eye In The Sky said:
Maybe it's early so I am not following...

Nope, you are following exactly what I was saying correctly...

Eye In The Sky said:
Now, I will get the PA minus taxes (somewhere around 50% would have been deducted if I had of taken it in cash)...how exactly am I still able to put my entire PA into a spousal RRSP if I only get half of it to start with.

???

Like I said,

ballz said:
The dollar effect is technically no different, same thing as the RRSP (having deposited directly in an RRSP vs depositing it yourself), but now the member has to foot the bill until their tax return.....

They are leaving it to the troops to figure out (aka fuck the troops, duh). I just wanted to make sure everyone is understanding from a tax perspective how this stuff works for their own personal tax planning purposes.

exgunnertdo said:
I guess...if your PA is $5000, they take $2.5K in tax, you can still put $5k into your RRSP, funding the $2.5K taken for tax out of your own resources (LOC?) then get the tax back, pay off the LOC? Cause that's easy, right? [/sarcasm]

PITA...stuff like this makes it seem like they think we have a pot of money just sitting to be used to bridge finance these things.

Indeed. It is an interest free loan for the government. Ironically enough, if *you* get an interest free loan from your employer, you have to pay income tax on the free interest you weren't charged (Imputed Interest Benefit)..... but your employer gets an interest free loan from you, most will even have to use a line of credit and pay interest on it, and doesn't owe you an extra dime. I hate the government.

One thing people can do to help mitigate the damage is don't take the pay-out of their remaining personalized funds until December... at least you'll save ~5 months of interest on whatever method of credit you are using to foot the RRSP bill... and save yourself a bit more interest expense by filing as soon as possible.

Dolphin_Hunter said:
What I meant is, go to the bank machine and withdraw the funds. 

I'm not quite certain it's going to work this way. But maybe?

Lkjhgfdsa said:
Thanks for the share....That clears up a lot. Cash remaining on relocard is yours to do what you need to do.

Yes, but when? It says:

"THE BALANCE REMAINING ON THE RELOCARD, AFTER RECEIPTS HAVE BEEN UPLOADED AND EXPENSES RECONCILED, CAN BE TRANSFERRED TO THE MEMBER S PERSONAL ACCOUNT. POSTING ALLOWANCE AND T4/RL1 WILL BE ISSUED CENTRALLY BY THE CAF"

This leads me to believe that they won't transfer the remaining money off the card until after you have settled your final move claim.

What I'm curious about is, given it's a cash card, they really can't stop you from doing whatever you want with it, which I suppose is just like when they gave us a cash (Direct Deposit) advance. Example: they load my card with a $2000 advance, and I go and buy a new big screen tv from best buy.

Lumber said:
I'm not quite certain it's going to work this way. But maybe?

Yes, but when? It says:

This leads me to believe that they won't transfer the remaining money off the card until after you have settled your final move claim.

What I'm curious about is, given it's a cash card, they really can't stop you from doing whatever you want with it, which I suppose is just like when they gave us a cash (Direct Deposit) advance. Example: they load my card with a $2000 advance, and I go and buy a new big screen tv from best buy.
It’s strange they won’t transfer your PA to RRSp but will transfer funds on left over on your card. Still a transaction and the PA = RRSP is a better one if we got to choose one transaction I would choose that one.

Oh man did I have a chuckle. I have wanted a new big screen for years and you make it sound so easy.

Looks like you can do what ever you want with it according to the only article I found about declining reloadable debut cards. Even cash machine aka ATM can be used.

Member gets card loaded = member goes to bank, empty’s account and puts in his\her personal account. Fini

https://www.fibank.bg/en/non-declining-balance-credit-cards/page/1079#our-offer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I'm from Valcartier and actually i'm on parental leave until July. I will be post next summer and i know since the 30th november, Brookfield is no more in charge of any posting. So i have no acces to DWAN and i want to know if any CANFORGEN was release about how now posting will be working.

My wife saw on facebook about we receive money and we do ourself our moving. Its true ?

The text of the CANFORGEN is below.  I'm not sure Brookfield is actually gone, but they are going to deliver services differently than they have in the past (largely via internet) and instead of sending advances to your bank account, they will load money onto a cash card.

CANFORGEN 206/17 CMP 107/17 152207Z NOV 17

CANADIAN ARMED FORCES RELOCATION PROGRAM (CAF RP)

UNCLASSIFIED

1. REF A ANNOUNCED THE ARRIVAL OF THE CAF RP UPON THE EXPIRATION OF THE CURRENT IRP CONTRACT

2. IT WAS DETERMINED AFTER IN-DEPTH REVIEWS, CONSULTATIONS, AND SURVEY FEEDBACK THAT SERVICE COULD BE IMPROVED BY PROVIDING GREATER ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION WITH A MORE MODERN, INNOVATIVE SERVICE DELIVERY MODEL

3. THE NEW CAF RP MODEL, EFFECTIVE 1 DEC 17, WILL PROVIDE GREATER FLEXIBILITY AND INCREASED ACCESS TO RELOCATION INFORMATION THROUGH WEB-BASED TECHNOLOGY (OFF BASES/WINGS INTO LIVING ROOMS)

4. ALTHOUGH BASE/WING BGRS REPRESENTATION WILL CEASE 30 NOV 17, THE NEW MODEL WILL CONTINUE TO INCLUDE LIVE VIDEO (VIRTUAL FACE-TO-FACE) INTERACTION AND LIVE CHAT ON THE SECURE WEBSITE. IN ADDITION, THE SITE WILL OFFER INCREASED CONTROL AND ACCESS TO ALL RELOCATION INFORMATION 24/7 FROM ANY LOCATION WITH INTERNET ACCESS

5. BENEFITS OUTLINED IN REF B WILL REMAIN THE SAME. HOWEVER, ADVANCES TO COVER RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL BE LOADED ON TO A DECLINING BALANCE RELOCATION CASH CARD THAT WILL BE ISSUED TO THE MEMBER WITH THE FUNDS NEC TO CONDUCT THEIR RELOCATION. THE RELOCARD CAN BE THE CONDUIT TO PAY FOR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS (TPSP) SUCH AS APPRAISERS, HOME INSPECTORS, AND LAWYERS. THE BALANCE REMAINING ON THE RELOCARD, AFTER RECEIPTS HAVE BEEN UPLOADED AND EXPENSES RECONCILED, CAN BE TRANSFERRED TO THE MEMBER S PERSONAL ACCOUNT. POSTING ALLOWANCE AND T4/RL1 WILL BE ISSUED CENTRALLY BY THE CAF

6. AS PER CANADA�S DEFENCE POLICY STRONG, SECURE, ENGAGED, THIS NEW DELIVERY MODEL AIMS TO INCREASE FLEXIBILITY BY PROVIDING A MODERNIZED 24/7 WEB-BASED SVC DESIGNED TO GIVE CAF MEMBERS AND THEIR FAMILIES IMPROVED RELOCATION SERVICE TO MEET THEIR CURRENT AND FUTURE NEEDS

CANFORGEN 206/17 CMP 107/17 152207Z NOV 17

PROGRAMME DE REINSTALLATION DES FORCES ARMEES CANADIENNES (PR FAC)

UNCLASSIFIED

B: DIRECTIVE DU PROGRAMME DE REINSTALLATION INTEGREE DES FORCES CANADIENNES (PRIFC)

1. LA REF A ANNONCAIT L ARRIVEE DU PR FAC DES L EXPIRATION DU CONTRAT ACTUEL DU PRI

2. IL A ETE ETABLI APRES DES EXAMENS APPROFONDIS, DES CONSULTATIONS ET DES ENQUETES QU ON AMELIORERAIT LE SERVICE EN FOURNISSANT UN MEILLEUR ACCES A L INFORMATION A L AIDE D UN MODELE DE PRESTATION DES SERVICES INNOVATEUR

3. LE NOUVEAU MODELE DU PR FAC, QUI ENTRERA EN VIGUEUR LE 1ER DECEMBRE 2017, SERA PLUS SOUPLE ET AMELIORERA L ACCES A L INFORMATION DE REINSTALLATION A L AIDE D UNE TECHNOLOGIE DE TYPE WEB (L INFOFORMATION SERA SORTIE DES BASES/ESCADRES ET ACCESSIBLE DE LA MAISON)

4. BIEN QUE LA REPRESENTATION DE BGRS DANS LES BASES/ESCADRES PRENDRA FIN LE 30 NOVEMBRE 2017, LE NOUVEAU MODELE COMPRENDRA TOUJOURS DES REUNIONS VIRTUELLES EN PERSONNE ET DES SEANCES DE CLAVARDAGE SUR LE SITE WEB SECURISE. DE PLUS, LE SITE OFFRIRA UN CONTROLE ACCRU DE L INFORMATION SUR LA REINSTALLATION DE MEME QU UN ACCES AMELIORE A CETTE INFORMATION, 24 HEURES SUR 24, 7 JOURS SUR 7, PARTOUT OU L ACCES INTERNET EST OFFERT

5. LES AVANTAGES PRESENTES A LA REF B DEMEURERONT LES MEMES. TOUTEFOIS, LES AVANCES VISANT A COUVRIR LES DEPENSES DE REINSTALLATION SERONT FOURNIES A L AIDE D UNE CARTE PREPAYEE DE REINSTALLATION A SOLDE DEGRESSIF QUI SERA REMISE AU MILITAIRE AVEC LES FONDS NECESSAIRES A LA REINSTALLATION. CETTE RELOCARD PEUT SERVIR A PAYER LES TIERS FOURNISSEURS DE SERVICES (TFS), COMME LES EVALUATEURS, LES INSPECTEURS D HABITATION ET LES AVOCATS. LE SOLDE RESTANT SUR LA CARTE, APRES CHARGEMENT DES RECUS ET RAPPROCHEMENT DES DEPENSES, PEUT ETRE TRANSFERE AU COMPTE PERSONNEL DU MILITAIRE. L INDEMNITE D AFFECTATION ET LES RELEVES T4/RL1 SERONT PRODUITS DE FACON CENTRALISEE PAR LES FAC

6. CONFORMEMENT A LA POLITIQUE DE DEFENSE DU CANADA PROTECTION, SECURITE, ENGAGEMENT, CE NOUVEAU MODELE DE PRESTATION VISE UNE SOUPLESSE ACCRUE A L AIDE D UN SERVICE SUR LE WEB OFFERT 24 HEURES SUR 24, 7 JOURS SUR 7 ET CONCU POUR DONNER AUX MILITAIRES ET A LEURS FAMILLES UN SERVICE DE REINSTALLATION AMELIORE QUI REPOND A LEURS BESOINS ACTUELS ET FUTURS

APS 2018 has not begun yet, but CMs are already posting people prior to the end of the FY.
One comment I read on Facebook, is 400+ files have been added to the BRGS site.

I'm going through a move now as well.
Most benefits have not changed from the old system. The largest adjustment has been we do everything, IAW CAF policy.
If you don' read, follow or pay attention to details a member can easily get jammed up on this new system.

Please post your experience here, to help others as the posting system evolves.

Lkjhgfdsa said:
It’s strange they won’t transfer your PA to RRSp but will transfer funds on left over on your card. Still a transaction and the PA = RRSP is a better one if we got to choose one transaction I would choose that one.

Oh man did I have a chuckle. I have wanted a new big screen for years and you make it sound so easy.

Looks like you can do what ever you want with it according to the only article I found about declining reloadable debut cards. Even cash machine aka ATM can be used.

Member gets card loaded = member goes to bank, empty’s account and puts in his\her personal account. Fini

https://www.fibank.bg/en/non-declining-balance-credit-cards/page/1079#our-offer

And then gets a gigantic tax bill come tax season for all of the things that didn't qualify as a moving expense.

kratz said:
APS 2018 has not begun yet, but CMs are already posting people prior to the end of the FY.
One comment I read on Facebook, is 400+ files have been added to the BRGS site.

I'm going through a move now as well.
Most benefits have not changed from the old system. The largest adjustment has been we do everything, IAW CAF policy.
If you don' read, follow or pay attention to details a member can easily get jammed up on this new system.

Please post your experience here, to help others as the posting system evolves.
I would suspect most of that 400 are pers graduating and coming off the BTL.  We had a QL3 course grad right before Christmas who were in the new system.  So far, feed back is mostly "system is working" but there have been one or two problems. 

Timelines for short notice moves are looking to be the biggest issue.  Up to 5 days after the message is cut for you to be entered into Brookfield's system.  Up to 7 days for your card to be loaded and dropped in the mail.  After that, how long Canada Post takes to get it to you is a crap shoot.  Counter that to my experience on my last move where I asked for an advance one day, it was approved the next and 2-3 days later money was in my bank. 

Shouldn't be a huge issue for a normal move but in cases where there is less time than normal, say a QL3 course which is normally only getting posting messages 2-3 weeks out from grad or those cases where everyone involved is trying to get a member somewhere ASAP, this could become a real problem.

Garb811,

The promised timeline, as mentioned is 17 working days on a slow season (one month), from message to action.

It took BGRS 7 working days to acknowledge our message and enter it in the system.
We are not part of the assumed BTL.

Back