• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

new to the trade

• Thread starter Thread starter signal_man2981
  • Start date Start date
S

signal_man2981

Hi Everyone

I just finished my recruitment process and now waiting to join up with my unit as a Sig op. I've coming to this site for a while, not wanting to post until i was in or close to being in. but what i wanted to ask all the Sig ops out there is for any advice for that'll help me have a good career?

from my personal experience, I find that biting the antenna can cause cavities, so something to avoid...Never say "repeat" on the radio...if you don't like coffee....learn....

sense of humour definitely a must...especially when you're with the same 2 people, in the field, stinking, for 2 weeks....you know what I'm talking about Bloggins!

Hahaha...hey, I never stank.  ;D

Yes, definetely a sense of humour. But at 3 in the morning, everything seems funny.

Get used to staring at walls and writing fast

Get used to working in bursts as well.

Oh, last of all, get used to being able to listen to multiple conversations at once, responding to all of them and logging all of them.

yes i agree, multi-tasking is a defenit must.  Coffee is the liquid of the gods. :)

thats an old rad op tradition as well as pressing your combats....

and dating Sig Trolls

HFXCrow said:
thats an old rad op tradition as well as pressing your combats....

and dating Sig Trolls
wow... pressing combats!? talk about weird.  Lets not go to the Sig Trolls....

HFXCrow said:
start spit shining your combat boots!

umm...If you want to spit shine your boots...be ready for them to get scratched to sHyte by a MasterJack on inspection...or an RSM...

And every once in a while, be sure to pull off a Sig Pig

DON'T press your combats or spit shine your combat boots.  We charge people for that now or like someone said earlier, scuff them on purpose.  Not only does it ruin the boots, it gives people ideas that the masses can do.  Blacken combat boots, spitshine dress boots.

Best advice, listen when someone intelligent is talking, let everything else go through one ear, filter what is important and push the rest out the other ear.

Radop said:
DON'T press your combats or spit shine your combat boots.   We charge people for that now or like someone said earlier, scuff them on purpose.   Not only does it ruin the boots, it gives people ideas that the masses can do.   Blacken combat boots, spitshine dress boots.

Best advice, listen when someone intelligent is talking, let everything else go through one ear, filter what is important and push the rest out the other ear.
I have to agree, the most valuable thing that i know is that filtering is an important asset

Back