• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NZ Olympic Soccer Team Accuse CAN Team of UAV Spying

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Time spent in reconnaissance may seldom be wasted, but it MAY sometimes be regretted .....

Exactly what about a sport, that requires only the kicking of a ball, demands spying ?
Like any other elite sport information gathering is part of it. In reality scouting is a form of intelligence and is acceptable.
It’s about winning- not sportsmanship

Looks like a handful of people are being sent home. Coach is sitting out the game and the team is apologizing

Exactly what about a sport, that requires only the kicking of a ball, demands spying ?
As an avid indoorsman myself, and not a sports fan, take this with a grain of salt, but I suspect trained eyes can pick out a lot of int watching teams practice: who’s the infomal leader(s) outside the org chart boxes, how they do things as a group, visual cues re: personality gaps to exploit.

Happy to hear from hockey fans who can read “who’s who in the zoo?” cues watching practices.

As an avid indoorsman myself, and not a sports fan, take this with a grain of salt, but I suspect trained eyes can pick out a lot of int watching teams practice: who’s the infomal leader(s) outside the org chart boxes, how they do things as a group, visual cues re: personality gaps to exploit.

Happy to hear from hockey fans who can read “who’s who in the zoo?” cues watching practices.
A few years ago Bill Belechek was sanctioned for "reading" (Stealing) the signals of opposing teams. My take on it they were jealous of it and would do it if they could as well.
Pro and elite sports are cut throat. Its about winning, not playing "fair".

The pros/cons of sport related intelligence gathering aside . . .

Paris Drone Law​

The whole metropolitan area of Paris is a No Fly Zone. Flying a drone in Paris is punishable by imprisonment and/or a €75,000 fine. Operators must ensure that they follow the following the laws if intended use drone in Paris.

If you wish to fly with the best caution we suggest you check the Map of No Flight Zones in France
  • Do not fly your drone over people or large crowds
  • Respect other's privacy when flying your drone
  • Do not fly your drone over airports or in areas were aircraft are operating (5 mi / 8 km radius)
  • You must fly during daylight hours and only fly in good weather conditions
  • Do not fly your drone in sensitive areas including government or military facilities. Use of drones or camera drones in these areas are prohibited

Police then arrested the drone's "pilot," who admitted to filming the practice session. He has been charged with flying an unmanned aircraft over a prohibited area, and accepted an eight-month suspended sentence, according to the local prosecutor.

French authorities are on high alert this week ahead of Friday's Olympic Opening Ceremony, an open-air extravaganza on the River Seine. Amid security concerns, they have been strictly enforcing a ban on drones at and around Games venues throughout France. French Prime Minister Gabriel Attal said Tuesday that authorities were intercepting an average of six drones per day.

Last edited:
Back