• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Offer questions

Lexi2021

Reaction score
Hello,

I have just received my offer for EME officer earlier today but I have some questions about it. Hopefully, I'm posting it in the right place.
  1. "You will be entitled to a salary of $2,301 in accordance with the provisions...". How much will I be making after the deductions are made (room, board, etc.)? Is it about $800?
  2. "Your initial conditions of services will consist of an initial commitment of a variable duration of 13 years". Can someone please explain this because I thought it was like 1 month of paid education = 2 months of service.
  3. "You are scheduled to be assigned to the Royal Military Colledge - Coll├Ęge militaire
    royal Saint-Jean in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu Quebec". Does this mean I'm going to the RMC St. Jean in Quebec? I'm currently living on the border of Mississauga so I thought I was going to be assigned to the campus in Kingston. I'm just a little bit worried since I barely know French (only took it until grade 10) I don't know anyone going there (all my friends are planning to go to civvie universities. There is also a letter from the registrar and in that letter, it only mentions Kingston and not Quebec so I'm just a bit confused as to where I'm going.

I know I should email my detachment but I'm just really nervous right now so I decided to ask here first.

tree hugger

Reaction score
1. Probably clear about $350 two times a month. Not a bad deal at all.
2. This includes your time in school.
3. There is an RMC campus in St Jean. Looks like that's where you'll be going. All OCdts/NCdts learn french by the time they graduate.
You will make all kinds of new friends in the military. Don't fear growth and change.

saru2020

Reaction score
congratulation...I also applied for EME but my status on online portal shows interview/medical complete. I am getting worried as to why my file is not moving any further. I called the recruitment office and they told me that anyone who applied for ROTP is on the same step and I should wait until the end of April or may. If I may ask when did you apply and how long did it take for your application to process? Thanks in advance for your reply.

CaptinLetus

Reaction score
congratulation...I also applied for EME but my status on online portal shows interview/medical complete. I am getting worried as to why my file is not moving any further. I called the recruitment office and they told me that anyone who applied for ROTP is on the same step and I should wait until the end of April or may. If I may ask when did you apply and how long did it take for your application to process? Thanks in advance for your reply.
I applied to ROTP in September and I am on the competition list. A lot of people in the ROTP Facebook group chat are on the competition list or the final procession step

Lexi2021

Reaction score
I actually applied later than most people. I applied to RMC as well as other universities beginning of December. A couple of days later I received an email asking to schedule my aptitude test. I did my aptitude test on Jan 18. I did my medical on Feb 4. After my medical, I had to go to my eye doctor to sign a visual acuity form and then it took just over a month for my medical to be approved. And then I received my offer at the end of march.