• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer vs NCM with an unrelated degree

It was obviously a sarcastic joke. He was light-heartedly saying, "Don't worry about what degree you have. You will be trained sufficiently in your field." Boy is this a tough crowd or what.

DexOlesa said:
It was obviously a sarcastic joke. He was light-heartedly saying, "Don't worry about what degree you have. You will be trained sufficiently in your field." Boy is this a tough crowd or what.
I'm pretty sure I said the same thing

I was only questioning what he thought was wrong with an Economics degree

Journeyman said:
IT WAS A JOKE! 

So much so, that I'm not even going to ask for a definition of "successful" or where your stats on that 'fact' came from.

Seriously, I don't care. Don't respond

Don't be so selfish, I'd like to hear this explanation :nod:

rokkzstar said:
it MIGHT have been a joke, but it didn't look that way, so I said something about it.

The whole "go to the sq and get issued a sense of humour" etc etc comments that were going on didn't draw a more clear picture at all?

ballz said:
Don't be so selfish, I'd like to hear this explanation :nod:

The whole "go to the sq and get issued a sense of humour" etc etc comments that were going on didn't draw a more clear picture at all?

I didn't get to that post until after

but maybe you can take out your crayons and make me a nice clear picture so I can catch up to the rest of you

This topic has gone well.
flush.gif

Back to the original post:

Your degree is fine.  I'm an Infantry Officer and I have a combined honors degree in German and Philosophy.  Now, unless I get drafted for this event, I can't see my degree itself being applicable for anything job-related.  But, as you most likely know, and as has already been said, your officer trades training will give you the skills and drills you need to be a Signal Officer. 

Good luck, and happy signalling.

Hi Everyone,

To all who answered my question, thanks!  That was the info I was both looking and hoping for!

Sometimes I wonder about that econ degree, but at least it inspired a pretty funny discussion topic...  no offense taken.

My application is in and we'll see where it goes from here.

In one of my postings the Aerospace Engineering Officer had a degree in agricultural.  :)

Honest ! This was back in the day when a three year community college diploma would get you a commission.

ballz said:

Pssst, I don't serve muffins at my counter.  ;)

That's a joke; which, apparently, must be made clear in this thread.

Back