• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officers to the front of the line at clothing?

BinRat55 said:
...However, we also realize that each rank AND trade comes with it's own set of responsibilities, timings and duties. If we have a kitting for a deployment (young Cpl going away for the first time for example) and the Base Commander walks in, Base Commander waits.

^ This...the BComd (or a CO) should have no issue with this.  In fact, they could use that as an opportunity to chat with the young Cpl about their upcoming tour and other important things like how their family is dealing with the upcoming tour, etc... :nod:

...and...

BinRat55 said:
In many cases, those in a command position will actually let the Base Sup O know that he/she will be in their lines for business (courtesy)

...^this.

Courtesy and respect...neither of which should be a one-way street.

Regards
G2G

Eye In The Sky said:
Yup, supply *triage*.  I've waited 20 minutes when  all I needed was a chit for the tailor, which takes 15 seconds.

Esquimalt did the supply triage thing for a few years and then stopped. Not sure which method is better...

SeaKingTacco said:
Esquimalt did the supply triage thing for a few years and then stopped. Not sure which method is better...

Edmonton has medals and tailoring separate from the clothing line and it seems to work well.  Doesn't help the folks waiting to exchange but cuts out some wait.

MJP said:
Edmonton has medals and tailoring separate from the clothing line and it seems to work well.  Doesn't help the folks waiting to exchange but cuts out some wait.

Same in Comox, although the tailor's hours are different (and she doesn't work Fridays).

SeaKingTacco said:

I've had nothing but good experiences at CFB Esquimalt's clothing stores.

BinRat55 said:
Yeah no. That doesn't actually happen here in Gagetown.

See you already responded.  Not since 2003 minimum since COs etc in Gagetown got to skip lines.  The BCOMD,  etc and et al all waited their turns in line for cadpat, ICE, everything.  Just like everyone else. 

Back