• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Offshore rig fire fighting

Navy_Pete

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Trying to wrap my head around something for a Masters project, and wondering if anyone here has some experience with offshore oil rig fire fighting that would be willing to answer some questions on PMs.

Specifically looking at something around marine fire insulation and adapting tactics around it, but not sure if there is similar overlap with rigs and the passive fire protection installed on critical areas.  Kind of fishing for ideas, as I can't find any published studies, but may not be using the right term for the industry.

Cheers
Pete

Hi Pete,

I am OFT for the rigs and was 2nd in command of an offshore fire team for about five years. I was on a gas platform for this, not sure if that helps or hinders - we were not the type of facility that was mobile, even if constructed with moving in mind. So perhaps that limits how I can help.

PM me and I will have a look with cell service.

Cheers

Construction materials on floater/jack up rgs are mostly the same as any vessel, construction standards are more or less the same, with additional requirements for a hazard (pressurize safe haven, gas barriers, additional fire seperations, etc)

Back