• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

One of Canada's New Navy Ships Stopped in Hawaii After Taking on Water- July 23/ 2024

They make it sound so bad by using liters. In cubic meters, it's near insignificant: 20 cubic meters is like your 12 foot diameter pool's contents, and all in the bilges. A valve broke - it happens - big deal! It's nothing for a 6700 tons displacement vessel.
Not a boatologist; are the described issues legitimately not a big deal save for a routine maintenance stop that just so happens to be Hawaii?

They make it sound so bad by using liters. In cubic meters, it's near insignificant: 20 cubic meters is like your 12 foot diameter pool's contents, and all in the bilges. A valve broke - it happens - big deal! It's nothing for a 6700 tons displacement vessel.
My daughter's above ground pool is a 20,000 liter pool. It ain't that much and I am a landlubber.

You're right, these vessels have been problem free and Irving and produced another high quality product. This is simply a one off event for the class.

Move along.

On time and under budget...

And since they have left the Irving yard we know how and why they could say that.

Actual footage of Irving telling the RCN to come get their ship:

Make It Rain Money GIF

Not to absolve Irving of their very real problems however, the fact this is a news story just shows how little interest the media has in the Canadian Forces unless it’s something they can rag on them for. There is nothing here that threatens the integrity of the vessel, nor is it especially abnormal to have vessels see issues like this over time.

It’s weird to make entire articles about it with headlines and act like the sky is falling. There is certain parties within the Canadian media who have a major axe to grind and never miss an opportunity to get their digs in.

Not to absolve Irving of their very real problems however, the fact this is a news story just shows how little interest the media has in the Canadian Forces unless it’s something they can rag on them for. There is nothing here that threatens the integrity of the vessel, nor is it especially abnormal to have vessels see issues like this over time.

It’s weird to make entire articles about it with headlines and act like the sky is falling. There is certain parties within the Canadian media who have a major axe to grind and never miss an opportunity to get their digs in.

Sure, but Canadian Wardship Doesn't Spring a Leak, while rare this days, isn't a headline.

And I don't read it as an afront to the CAF, I read it as an afront to Irving and our procurement system.

And if you get bigger, the news is basically a constant stream of negative. Why ? Because that's what sells. So blame your fellow countrymen who gobble negativity up.

Back